Sunday, September 16, 2007

I'm Back...

Okay so I was totally excited to really get into this blogging thing when I started a month ago. And then our dial-up service took a major nose-dive! I mean, it was slow before, but for the last three weeks it would take at least 25 minutes to upload a page and even then 90% of the time it would say "This webpage cannot be displayed." I can't even begin tell you how frustrating it was especially now that I pay most of our bills online and do online banking. One particular day I attempted to get through to our email for 45 minutes straight, but to no avail. When I finally gave up and disconnected the Earthlink Accelerator window popped up and said "Estimated time saved this session - 12 minutes." Saved? I just laughed. But that was enough to convince me that paying an extra $20 a month was TOTALLY worth it to have fast and reliable internet. So, we've got Cox High Speed now and I am in LOVE! I can get to any website in seconds, I can upload pictures so I can finally get some printed (I haven't printed any pictures since Garrett was 2 months old), etc.

4 comments:

Tressa said...

Yay! I was wondering what was going on. Dial up is the pits. So glad you were able to upgrade. :)

Karli said...

Yeah, that post I did of Garrett with all the pictures? I had to upload each picture individually and each one took at least 45 minutes. So, that post took a total of 3 days to complete! Can you believe I put up with that for 4 years?

Andrea Gunnell said...

To be honest, I can't believe you did put up with it for four years and now that you have high speed internet you will NEVER be able to go back. Yeah! I'm excited you have a blog.

Mindy said...

You saved 12 minutes...ha ha! Thanks for a good laugh! I can totally remember dial-up days. Yuk!