Monday, April 14, 2008

How big was his catch?

It was THIS BIG! A 20+ incher and 3-4 pounder... Jared will correct me if I'm wrong.

Photobucket

Jared G's was even bigger, much to my Jared's dismay. Check out that hook on its mouth... that's a true sign of its size and age - or so I'm told :).

Photobucket

The guys had fun on their fishing trip together and I am so glad! Of course, it wasn't without its adventures, but that's what makes them more interesting right? Well, they almost hit a bull elk (thank goodness, it was only "almost"), Jared G may have gotten a speeding ticket - bummer!, their one lighter wasn't working at first - hard to cook foilie dinners with no coals, Jared G cut his thumb on my Jared's recently sharpened hatchet - of course they had NO bandaids, and it was freezing cold and very windy (they woke up in the morning to find their boots literally frozen solid). It's quite possible that I'm forgetting some of the memorable moments. As I am reminded of them, I'll add them.

All in all, it was a successful trip and both boys came back tired and happy.

1 comment:

Tressa said...

Sounds like fun - NOT! I think I am getting soft in my old age. I like indoor potties just steps from my comfortable bed. I like stoves to cook my dinner on, and non-frozen shoes! LOL