Saturday, June 21, 2008

Last Food Storage Post (for now)

After much thought and fanangling (is that how you spell that), I've finally decided on what to order from Mtn House. If anyone is interested this is what I'm getting. Originally I had thought about ordering the Ultimate 6 Month Supply but I wanted more control over what I got so I did some comparisons. Here are my findings...

Ultimate 6 Month Supply gets you:
36 lunch/dinner entrees (what you get is a complete surprise... it's any combination of 18 possible entrees)
9 breakfast
9 veggies
6 desserts
3 snacks
$1423.95 (total 63 cans)

Personally, I don't really care about the desserts, but would rather have the fruits and greater control of what entrees I'm actually getting. So I've found a better way.

For $1447.87 (63 cans) I can get...
34 lunch/dinner entrees (which I have more control over and actually know what I'm getting)
10 breakfast
9 veggies
3 desserts
7 fruit

To achieve the above combination this is my order (this is really all you need to know Misty :)
(2) Best Sellers Sampler (yes, 2)
(1) Chicken Lovers Sampler
(1) Company Favorites Sampler
(1) Original Starter #1
(1) Starter #2
(1) Starter #3
(1) Breakfast Sampler
(1) Vegetable Sampler #1
(1) Tropical Fruit Sampler
(3) cans of Chicken Ala King

To see more specifically what I'm actually getting
Lunch/Dinner Entrees
· Hearty Beef Stew (2)
· Rice & Chicken (3)
· Spaghetti with Meat Sauce (3)
· Lasagna with Meat Sauce (3)
· Beef Stroganoff (4)
· Pasta Primavera (3)
· Chili Macaroni (2)
· Beef Teriyaki (1)
· Seafood Chowder (1)
· Oriental Style Spicy Chicken (1)
· Chicken ala King (5)
· Chicken Teriyaki with Rice (3)
· Chicken Stew (1)
· Noodles & Chicken (2)
Breakfast
· Granola with Milk & Blueberries (4)
· Scrambled Eggs with Bacon (3)
· Eggs w/ Ham (3)
Veggies
· Garden Peas (3)
· Super Sweet Corn (3)
· Green Beans (3)
Fruit
· Pineapple Chunks (2)
· Banana Slices (2)
· Peach Slices (2)
· Sliced Strawberries
Dessert
· Raspberry Crumble (1)
· Blueberry Cheesecake (2)


It's still not too late to order... but you only have until tomorrow morning. Just email Misty (mistymatthews@peoplepc.com) your order, address, and debit/credit card number. If you want to see pictures and know exactly what's in the samplers go to www.thereadystore.com
That's all!

No comments: