Our stake is doing something new... something I've never heard of, but I must admit that I'm quite excited about it. I'm not sure what grand name they are referring to it as. Basically it is an evening filled with culturally enriching music from vocal to instrumental and classical to contemporary as I understand it. Another reason for me to be excited about it is I'll be one of the performers! It's been a long time since I've prepared and memorized a challenging piano piece in anticipation of performing it for a crowd of people. In fact, it's probably been since my senior recital 7 years ago. (Wow, where has the time gone?) Anyway, for any and all who may be interested in attending, here's the info...
Date: Sunday January 25 (yes, THIS Sunday - as in 2 days!)
Time: 7:00
Where: Mesa North Stake Center (on South side of Brown just East of Horne)
Sunday dress is appropriate since we'll be in the chapel.
Hope to see you there!
Oh, for those that can't make it and are wondering, I'm playing Toccata by Khachaturian. Awesome piece! All 12 pages of it! Ahh!
5 comments:
I LOVE that piece! Good for you! Thanks for watching the munchkins for a bit today and hanging out...it was fun! Good times! Love you!
Way to go Karli! I'm sure it will be wonderful. :)
That's great. I wish I could go, I am sure you will do wonderful.
Good luck! I am sure it will be absolutely fabulous! You should record yourself playing it at home and post it on your blog b/c I wanna hear you! Love you!
I love that song too. Good for you to be practicing and memorizing still. :) And, I am with Bec...record it!
Post a Comment