So my kids really aren't excited about Halloween... and I couldn't be happier. With Garrett's nut allergy I'm a little scared about trick-or-treating and all that stuff especially since he doesn't know a nutty candy from one that's not. We stepped inside a PartyCity looking for something totally un-Halloween related but there were monsters and goblins everywhere. I think they were scarred for life. A house on our street gets all decked out with zombies, graves, spiders, beetlejuice characters, spooky trees, etc. They even mow "BOO" in their grass. After all that scary stuff Garrett and Brexton got to where they even hated pumpkins! I tried to get them to wear an orange pumpkin shirt from Old Navy (not even a Jack-o-lantern... just a pumpkin) and Garrett literally went BaZerk! Good thing I didn't plan any costumes because there's no way that would have happened.
I convinced them to let me carve our pumpkin. Once I showed Garrett how it could be like a puzzle he played with it endlessly. Putting the pieces in and popping them out... over and over and over.


At our Ward Halloween party Garrett won a Goldfish with black spots and we named him Elvis. We inherited four other fish from unwanting parents. Within the first week we witnessed the ending of the circle of life for four fish... being left with only the Elvis.
1 comment:
I never heard a follow up about Garrett's nut allergy....what did the Dr say? I hope that things are going well for him. We have the best Halloween's even with Miss E's peanut allergy, party at our house every year that is always a ton of fun. You guys should come next year, we would love to have you. About boutiques...my Mom and I did one three years ago and it was Horrible, a lot of work and not a lot of payback. I am glad that you were able to sell some stockings! :)
Post a Comment