Wednesday, August 18, 2010

B-13 Reunion...

I love going up to the Ranch in Pinedale, AZ for the Stapley/B-13 Reunion. There is a feeling of peace and serenity there that is palpable for me. You can feel it, breathe it, taste it! Time with cousins we see once a year or once in a blue moon is just FUN. Let's face it... I'm pretty sure I've got the most HILARIOUS cousins and aunts/uncles in the whole world. Proof positive because I had to use my inhaler after reluctantly retiring to bed past midnight because my body begged for rest even though my funny bone craved more hilarious laughter that I'd miss out on by going to bed :) I always have to use my inhaler after some intense laughing. Funny! I just wish that we'd had a audio recorder as we sat around that campfire savoring Brett's yummy cobbler and busting our guts with laughter as Uncle Van, Uncle Lee, and Aunt Dorothy relived their childhood memories.

The only regret I have about going is the fact that I came back with literally 8 pictures taken - and not one with any of my cousins, aunts, uncles, or grandparents! As tradition would have it, the men-folk gathered willow branches and made whistles and bows/arrows. Jared was quite the hit with the little people, teaching them the ways of holding and shooting the bow and arrow :)

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket


The THREE PREGNANT SISTERS! We've left an open invitation for Holly and Mindy to join us... but it's not looking promising :) Ha! I love babies! And I LOVE cousins!
Photobucket

Grandpa's Tractor:
Photobucket

Photobucket



Photobucket


We borrowed our Bishop's popup trailer for the reunion and we had some issues towing it back home on the Tahoe. Apparently our hitch is too high (or too low, I can't remember) which activates the brakes on the trailer. Burning brakes and then a flat tire on the trailer made for a long ride home. Luckily we had three strong guys to solve the problem and some super sleepy boys :)

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

1 comment:

Brad and Amber said...

I love how he is using his pillow to hold up his hand to sleep on. So Cute!