Monday, October 18, 2010

Maddox Rockwell

I couldn't be happier with this little baby's early arrival. I went to see Dr. Beck the morning of Thursday October 7th after the most miserable night ever. I would almost burst into tears every time I had to budge in bed. Hoping to schedule a date to get induced I really tried to convince Dr. Beck I couldn't take another day of being pregnant. He didn't buy it and told me to schedule one more appointment a week away and then we'd talk about geting induced. As he was walking out of the room he asked if I wanted him to strip my membranes. Yes, anything! He did this with Garrett and Brexton with no results. But this time... it put things in motion.

Photobucket

After my scheduled afternoon of DirecTV installation and craigslist buyers coming to get our double stroller (all the while having longer and more painful contractions) Jared and I headed to the hospital around 5:30. I needed to have four hours of antibiotics since I tested positive for Group Strep B. The epideral was given at 8:30 and then I took a nap until 10:30 when I thought I might need to push. Sure enough - 10 cm. We wait for Dr Beck to arrive and three pushes later he's born at 10:55pm.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Stats:
Maddox Rockwell Tompkinson
October 7, 2010 at 10:55pm
8 lbs 6 oz
Gray blue eyes
BROWN hair - that's a first for us
22 inches long - though at his first week appointment they measured him at 21 inches :)
Strong and healthy


Family Portrait
Photobucket

Maddox is LOVED by his brothers!
Photobucket

Photobucket




Photobucket

Photobucket




Ready to go HOME!
Photobucket

10 comments:

Tressa said...

Such a cutie!
Agh! The next 11 weeks or so are going to DRAG for me. I want my baby to come! But, of course I want her to stay where she is for awhile yet. I know someone from high school who was due just a week or so after me that just had her baby about 2 weeks ago. He is of course in the NICU and they are dealing with lots of issues. So, my little princess can stay where she is for now, but she had better come out at least a week or two early (and my Dr will probably acquiesce to my demands since I have large babies and I go way too fast to go into labor on my own).
It will be fun to get all of the babies together in June! :)

Brad and Amber said...

He is one handsome baby! I am jealous it only took 3 pushes! Congratulations!!

Dallas and Natalie Turley said...

He is such a cutie!

Amber said...

Oh he is so handsome. Emm I want to snuggle him. And you look so pretty. Your hair is done and you have a cute outfit on, you go girl!!

Erin said...

I loved Dr Beck! He delivered both my babies. So excited for you guys! I cant wait to meet him.

Andrea Gunnell said...

Yay! I've been wondering when I'd see this post:) Maddox is such a cute baby. I think about you a lot...let me know of ANYTHING I can do...PLEASE!!!

Becca said...

Yay for pictures! He is such a cute little baby.

This means I'm up next! I can hardly wait to meet my little girl. I'm 36 weeks! She's coming soon...

rcworkman said...

He is such a little cutie!

Kristina said...

YEAH!!! Congrats! He is adorable!

J. Paige said...

You have such cute kids!!!! Congratulations!