Sunday, November 21, 2010

Happy Birthday Brexton...

Brexton turned 3 years old! In many ways, it's crazy to me that he is just barely turning three years old - I guess with his height, early cognitive and speech development, potty training 7 months ago, and his closeness to Garrett it was easy to forget that he was only 2 this whole time :)

I love my Brexton. He is either "hot or cold" - super happy or super sad. Sometimes he demands/requires physical affection and other times he refuses any attempts. Brexton still loves his cowboy boots and frequently asks if he can sleep in them.

Brexton is a little "twirler" - he puts himself to sleep by twirling his hair. But he will wrap anything he can think of around his finger, wrist, and even his neck (we've had to talk about that a time or two). He uses strands of my hair, drawstrings, the hem of his shirt, stray string, etc.

I love how randomly he will look at me with his sweet smile, sparkling eyes and long eyelashes and say, "I love you too, Mom." I love how during a particular conversation he was adamant that he did not want to grow up... ever. He kept saying "I don't want to get bigger. I just want to stay little." Me too buddy. I wish you could stay little too. Already you're growing up too fast :)

For some time he thought that if he used the phrase "Well, my Mommy said so" that he would get his way. When he realized that wasn't working he got creative. Now he says, "That's what my Jesus said. My Jesus said I have to."

Brexton is my reverent child. He will sit quiet and still for the duration of Sacrament Meeting. I think his transition to Sunbeams will be quite smooth. He can hardly wait!


Photobucket

For his birthday cake he said he wanted chocolate with a car on top. Done!
Photobucket

Photobucket

Love you Brexton!

No comments: