Monday, May 14, 2012

June 2011 - Family Reunion in Pagosa Springs, Colorado

As far as awesome family reunions, this one takes the cake! It was perfectly relaxing, seriously fun, and amazingly beautiful. Though it was a pretty long drive I'd do it again in a heartbeat. Brett's Dad owns a "cabin" (aka. breathtaking mansion retreat) in Pagosa Springs, Colorado. I think it had like 6 bedrooms, 5 bathrooms, two kitchens, a huge walk-out basement and the most beautiful views of the mountains and valley below. It's like a dream, really. Since our boys go to bed so early (and wake up excrutiatingly early) we actually scored the "Maid's Quarters" above the garage complete with kitchen, bathroom, family room, etc. Awesome!

Of course I didn't take nearly enough pictures. :(

Having fun fishing. On our first night there Garrett caught the largest fish of all. We were all impressed that he caught it off the dock and completely by himself - casting, catching, and reeling it in. It was easily about 18 inches. He was WAY excited!!!
Photobucket

Photobucket

Oh, and did I mention that there was a private lake for residents of the gated community and a boat at the cabin for our use? Awesome! Photobucket


Photobucket


Relaxing with Grandpa Gary under the shade of the gazebo.

Photobucket
Fun at the cabin: Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

A Night of "Dance 2" on the Wii - HILARIOUS! Photobucket


We also spent LOTS of time around the kitchen table playing "Hand and Foot," "NERTZ," and the occasional "Settlers." I love time with family and cousins. It's always guaranteed to be a great time. We laughed until our sides hurt when we heard about Brett's "covered wagon" and also how he thought for so long that "mwah" meant "Me Want A Hug." hahahahahaha! Other things we did at the cabin were playing "Frisbee Golf," having a HUGE cheesball fight outside, a water balloon fight, movie nights, making peanut butter pinecone bird feeders, etc.


One day was reserved for individual family day. Of course we chose to go to another lake to check out the fishing. Even though I think the boys' fishing line was more often stuck on rocks and logs than catching fish we still had a great time. C'mon... check out those dirty faces. That had to be fun :) Photobucket


Photobucket



Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Chimney Rock was a short 45 minute drive from the cabin. Again, the scenery was beautiful and it was educational to learn about the Pueblo Indians lived.
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket


Another highlight of our trip was the Fair.
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Brexton and the Pink Elephants. I wonder when pink will cease to be his favorite color. He loved this ride!
Photobucket

Photobucket

Though it took some serious coaxing for these boys to get on the miniature horses, I think it was their favorite part.
Photobucket

Photobucket


And perhaps, my favorite part of the trip was our hike up "Treasure Falls" - absolute perfection! Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

I think Brexton would have ran the entire way down. This boy can hike! He skipped and skipped his way along.
Photobucket

More to come... Mindy took some AMAZING family pictures of us while in beautiful Colorado!

1 comment:

Katie and Levi said...

how fun! I love how your kids were afraid of the miniature horse. Mine would be breaking down the gates to get to them! Miss you! And tell your parents I am not happy they moved!