Monday, January 7, 2008

It's been a while...

since I've posted anything. Here's what's been happening in the last few weeks. G continues to love on his little brother B. He will seriously hug him and kiss him for 10 minutes straight. That's a long time for a little guy to hold still, but he does it. It's nice because then I can easily get the camera and take a picture before the moment is gone. My only wish is that they'll continue to be this close as years go by...

Whenever my Mom comes to visit she always so kindly offers to watch my boys so that I can run any errands that I need to. THANK you Mom! I really appreciate it because I can't easily go grocery shopping until Jared's home. It's also nice to have some "me" time also. G love his grandma. She is so good at helping him explore, learn, and just be a boy! Anyway, one time she brought my niece S over to play with G. When my sister Holly came to pick her up G couldn't get enough loving in on his cousin G that is 7 months old. I've got a little lover boy and I love it! Just gotta watch out when he gets older...
While he was at it, he decided to start Holly's car with her remote control which she thought he wouldn't be able to do since you have to push 2 or 3 buttons at the same time. Leave it to G!


A few days before Christmas we got together with some friends to make "gingerbread" houses. It was fun to do something Christmasy. [the houses were thrown away the next day so I wouldn't be tempted to eat all that sugar :)]


My cozy cottage...

Andrea's school bus...

and Jared Gunnell's tower with Spiderman...

We are so blessed to have them as friends. G and Caleb get along so great. The games they come up with can be quite entertaining... in fact, all you need is a cardboard box!


My in-laws came here for Christmas where we opened gifts, ate chorizo and eggs (one of my favorite Christmas traditions), and listened to Christmas music all day long. We invited our "rowdy" neighbors over for Christmas dinner to hopefully create some positive relations with them. With two crock pots full of roast, 10 lbs of mashed potatoes, fruit & green salad, rolls, and 5 pies, we were able to feed the 6 teenage boys (yes 6!), their single mom, and us.

G was thoroughly spoiled by Santa giving him a ride-on tractor, B giving him legos, and everyone else giving him books. Thank you! G loves books and I love that he loves them. We've set some special ones aside to take to church with us and hopefully help him to be reverent.

The boys and Grandma Kathy...

Grandpa Gary's boots are big shoes to fill. [I want to know how to get rid of G's red eyes...]

I'm so glad that Becca got to come and meet little B and make friends with G. I just love her. It was also nice to have my sister Tressa and her whole family down for Christmas I just wish I'd gotten a picture of them. I guess I'll have to wait for the pictures that Holly got.

Here's a 4 generation picture that we got. Grandma Verdaun, Gregg, Jared, and the boys. Aren't families amazing?

To cap off a wonderful holiday season Jared blessed baby B by the power of the priesthood. It was a special occasion as family members gathered to witness and participate in the blessing of our sweet baby boy. I am full of gratitude for my husband and the example that he is to me and our children. I am amazed at how the love that we have continues to grow and multiply as time goes by.

11 comments:

heidi said...

the 3 blessing pictures are so beautiful.

so there are programs on your computer (like Microsoft office picture manager) for editing pictures and there is always a red eye removal on there, it's super easy to do

Tressa said...

Love all of the pictures Karli! :)

Janiel said...

so fun to hear an update! your babies are beautiful. call me when you get to town!

Jamilyn said...

I cant believe how great Garrett is with the baby. It is so cute.!!!!

Andrea Gunnell said...

I love all of the pictures too...especially the blessing pictures. I'm glad Garrett and Caleb are learning to play with each other. It is fun to watch them interact. They have such fun personalities!!!

Enjoy the Journey said...

You have two dang cute boys Karli! We need to get all of our new little guys together and let them stare at each other! Haha!

Kristina said...

Cousin!!! So good to hear from you! Your sons are adorable! I had no idea that you had 2. Looks like you had a great Christmas. Where do you find such cute backgrounds for your blog?

Geoffrey and Ellee Pettit said...

Love it! love it! love it!. every bit of it! what handsome little boys. I just want to squeeze those cheeks and bite them too! I'm happy to see some new pictures.

Mortensen Family said...

Hi Karli! I found your blog through Sally's. I hope you don't mind! Your babies are so stinkin cute! Do you care if I add you to my friends list? =0) -Fawn-

Becca said...

Hey Karli! I love your cute family and cute pictures! I miss Garrett and Brexton!

Umm...random question...I am cooking dinner on Monday and was thinking it would be fun to test out Chef Jenny, so, do you have any suggestions? Also, I need to cook for eight people, should I double her recipes (in general)? I was thinking that her Creamy Chicken Italiano and Cheesy Stuffed Baked Ziti sound good. Have you made either of them?

Becky McArthur said...

Your babies are so cute. A little funny. I totally re-did my blog site with different colors. I finally checked yours today and they are almost exactly alike! We must download scrapbook stuff from the same sites. Yours is way cuter. :) Glad to see you guys are doing good.