Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Family Picture

Photobucket

Here is a picture Holly took of our little family at Christmas time. I sure love my boys. And I love LOVE! We've been asked to speak in church on the 24th and the topic is Elder Wirthlin's Conference Address from Oct. 2007. If you haven't read it yet lately, read it because you will feel so uplifted. It speaks of the power of charity and love... without it, the things we do mean nothing. Love is powerful! I was really so moved as I read it... it's hard to even summarize, so here is an excerpt that I particularly loved.

"Love is the beginning, the middle, and the end of the pathway of discipleship. It comforts, counsels, cures, and consoles. It leads us through valleys of darkness and through the veil of death. In the end love leads us to the glory and grandeur of eternal life.

True love lasts forever. It is eternally patient and forgiving. It believes, hopes, and endures all things. That is the love our Heavenly Father bears for us.

We all yearn to experience love like this. Even when we make mistakes, we hope others will love us in spite of our shortcomings—even if we don’t deserve it.

Oh, it is wonderful to know that our Heavenly Father loves us—even with all our flaws! His love is such that even should we give up on ourselves, He never will.

We see ourselves in terms of yesterday and today. Our Heavenly Father sees us in terms of forever. Although we might settle for less, Heavenly Father won’t, for He sees us as the glorious beings we are capable of becoming.

The gospel of Jesus Christ is a gospel of transformation. It takes us as men and women of the earth and refines us into men and women for the eternities.

The means of this refinement is our Christlike love. There is no pain it cannot soften, no bitterness it cannot remove, no hatred it cannot alter. The Greek playwright Sophocles wrote: “One word frees us of all the weight and pain of life: That word is love.”"

Happy Valentine's Day! Celebrate the LOVE in your life!

6 comments:

Julee said...

I love you family picture!!! It is soooooo cute!! Your sis is an awesome photographer!!!

Cami D. said...

I LOVE YOU!

Andrea Gunnell said...

That is the same talk we were assigned to speak about a few weeks ago! I absolutely love that talk. There are some very powerful words in it.
Happy Valentine's Day! We sure appreciate your friendship and all you do for us. You are the best!

Lorie said...

That picture is ADORABLE!!

amy said...

what a great post to accompany your family pic. (which is great, by the way!)you're such a great family.

thanks for sharing those thoughts. it was good to be reminded.

Kristina said...

What a cute picture! You guys look so good! And Chef Jenny sounds fabulous! That's one thing I don't like being here in Spain...the food is so different that none of my recipes from home are any good. I'll have to give her recipes a go when I get home this summer.