Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Some of my latest favorites...

G is turning into one of the funniest kids! One of his latest quirks is that he excitedly says "yeah" to every question you ask even if it really may not be what he wants. He loves to be outside - I think he would live out there if he could. When I tell him it's time to get dressed in the morning he makes a run for the back door because he's sure that's where he's going next. G enjoys playing the piano and he's actually pretty good. He does some nice dynamics and incorporate the high and low notes as well. He also loves to turn the pages of the hymn book and play notes from each page. He LOVES breakfast and lunch, but it's like pulling teeth for him to eat dinner. I keep trying to feed him "other" foods, but he won't even allow them into his mouth to taste it. Silly boy! G has turned into a great sleeper lately. He goes down by 7 or 7:30 most nights and sleeps until 6:30. He knows sign language for "please," "more," and is working on "thank you." He knows what a cow says, but thinks that every animal should say the same thing :) One of his favorite things to play with is the circular plastic base that our exercise ball sits on - he loves to wear it around his neck. G stills gives B all the love he can handle and is such a good brother. Only 9 more Sundays until he gets to go into nursery!

Photobucket

Baby B is getting so big so fast. He's at least 16 lbs now and loves to be awake and happy. Blowing bubbles is his favorite hobby (and it G's favorite thing to come and eat his bubbles. After a quick hug he takes his finger, scoops up some bubbles, and sticks them in his mouth and says "mmmm...") One of the things I love the best about B is that he knows how to laugh now. That truly is music to my soul. It makes me so happy - I could make him laugh all day. His smile is infectious. B does a great job at going to sleep if I catch him at the right time - all I have to do is lay him down on his tummy with his bink and he goes right to sleep without even a whimper.

Photobucket

All in all... I love my boys and I love being a mom!

P.S. A few questions for you experienced mothers out there... What do you do to curb unwanted behavior such as throwing food on the floor from the high chair? Or high-pitched screaming? Or refusal to eat/try any new food?

12 comments:

Tressa said...

Hahaha! The age old question of how to curb that behavior. Well, sorry to say, but it depends on each child. For some having to clean it up would help. Or, as soon as they throw food (for instance) they are done eating. The high pitched screaming - ugh! That is a hard one. Time out? Taking away something that is a privilege (like a toy or something like that)?
Good luck!

Salsa Mama said...

How fun!! Sounds like G and my Dr. D are definitely on the same page in life right now. We should come over and let them play outside together since the weather is soooooo great right now. They can even scream together (since we have that bad habit around here too!). :) And boy are we counting down until nursery, too! Can't WAIT for that one!

Amber said...

Ohh how fun. Thanks for sharing your love of being a mom. It sounds like you are a great mom. Your little ones already know the importance of laughter, and they always seem so happy!!!

Letia said...

It is fun to read an update on how the boys are doing. I think you should teach G All done in sign language- easy to do and sure helped with my kids not throwing food.
That's all the advice I have though, I feel like I am dealing with plenty of behaviours that I am not too fond of. It is hard to have the energy to follow through consistently.

Mindy said...

I loved the updates on the boys. I was just thinking about calling you to find out if B was laughing yet. I can just see the laughter behind the smiles with J but the laugh just doesn't make it out. I CAN'T WAIT to hear his laugh. Being a Mom is great. Kids are so funny!

Britney and Kevin said...

Hey Karli. Our husbands are out on a bike ride right now, I just hope they make it back all in one piece! Some advice: maybe just ignoring some of it...not making a big deal about him screaming or whatever. ? its a mystery!

Jana said...

Hi, I am Jana. I knew your hubby when he was much younger, we were in the same ward. I hopped here from his cousin, Erin's blog. Hope you don't mind. You have a beautiful family. I have four boys of my own(10,7,5,3). From my experience you kinda have to pray for lots of patience until they grow out of it all. I am still praying really really hard! The good news is the older they get, the lower the pitch of their scream gets. If you are curious like me, you can find me at kermettekorner.blogspot.com

Jill Rogers said...

Hey Karli! Just thought I'd drop in and give my two cents. Long time no talk! :-)

Seeing as how my baby is Mr. Screamer, but isn't old enough to really understand "no" or "Sh!" yet we've heard of blowing in their face but I haven't tried it yet. However, as far as the food stuff goes in our child development classes we had a lecture on picky eaters and they said that it usually takes up to about 16-20 times of exposure (even if it's just a small florret of broccoli at a time) for the food to become "safe" to them and they'll accept it and SHOULD willingly eat it.

GOOD LUCK!

heidi said...

such cute things that they are doing, i seriously love each new stage, they are fun!

for disaplining I put them in time out in the crib with the door open, lights on so they know it's not nap time.

& carlee's a bad dinner eatter too, she does a little better when I feed her "new things" but if she doesn't eat what i give her she's done for the night. i've also learned that if i give her multiple options on her plate she eats better, like the main dish, vegi, fruit, bread.... that sort of thing, good luck

Andrea Gunnell said...

Hey Karli! I'm loving the new layout! It's very cute. I can't believe how big Brexton is getting. The time has flown by since he was born.

Janell said...

Cute Blog, Karli! Sorry, but I don't have any practical experience about parenting babies. Teenagers? Yes. Babies? No.
You're GREAT!!!
-jd

Janell said...

I love that little furrowed brow. What a cute face!!! :)
-jd