Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Going Private...

So I've thought about going private for a long time... A while back a tutee of mine (and previously a complete stranger) did a background check on me to see if I was safe - he told me how he found out when I got married, how much we bought our house for, he told me about our kids and how I blog a lot - I was a little uneasy about all that... and then this last week I got a comment from some absolute stranger in Brazil that informs me that he/she has now added me to their "blogroll" I'm a little freaked out truthfully.

If you'd like to stay up to date with the goings on of our family, send me an email and I'll add you to the list... that is if I consider you safe :). I'll probably make it officially private in May.

INSERTED AT A LATER DATE...
**Okay, instead of emailing me (since most of you don't have my email... post a comment with your email address and then I'll delete your comment so that your address doesn't stay published forever... how does that sound?)

***Oh, I don't know what to do. Andrea thinks that the weird Brazil comment was an automatic computer generated one, not by a real person. I just changed the setting to require word verification - hopefully that helps. I'd really like to keep it open so that long lost friends can reconnect if they want to, but how do you keep the scaries away? I think I'll stay public for a while longer, but keep your email addresses coming and I'll put them on file so that if there are any more scares I'll be ready!

Oh, and be on the lookout for a "gratitude" post coming up...

15 comments:

echolsfamily said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Lorie said...

I need to be on that list too! I will shoot you an email!

Lorie said...

I need to be on that list too! I will shoot you an email!

Becca said...

Umm...ya! That is kinda freaky. Add me! YOU BETTER! :)

Salsa Mama said...

Hey, please put me on your list! Thanks!

Britney and Kevin said...

Hey Karli! That is pretty freaky! We would like to be on your list still. I don't think I have your e-mail though. But we're pretty nice, friendly people! :)

Letia said...

I want in too, and I don't have your email, I tried to thank you for the cocoa via coupons and it got rejected.

Cami D. said...

Yeah it's scary I lock and unlock mine from time to time! Don't forget me - I like to stalk you too but I'm not creepy...I promise! Ha ha!

Amber said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Janiel said...

i believe you have my email...after all you gave me that nickname! its at hotmail.com

Tressa said...

Yeah, there are bots out there (computers who just spew forth crap to peoples blogs and such). I get spam on my blog all of the time. Thankfully Eric has ours set up to filter out the spam. Currently there are 176 spam in the filter on my blog. Crazy!
Plus, all of the info that was found, is all public information. Anybody could go and get that info, and it has always been available for many many decades (it just used to be a tad bit harder because you had to physically go to the courthouse or wherever to gather the info).

Dallas and Natalie Turley said...

Hey add me to your list!! I love looking at your blog.

Kimberly said...

i think you have my email.. if not its kcarroll07@hotmail.com

Our Ohana said...

kjhaban@cableone.net

Kristina said...

kilika_16@hotmail.com