-Dad’s Cookies-
(not just a recipe, but a tribute to Dad, Grandpa, or Uncle Gregg to many)
- 1 ½ cups brown sugar
- 3 cubes of butter (½ cup cubes)
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup honey
- 2 tsp. Vanilla
- 1 ½ cup white flour
- 3/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 2 tsp. Cinnamon
- 1 ½ tsp. Baking soda
- 3/4 tsp. Salt
- ½ tsp. Nutmeg
- 4 ½ cups old fashioned oatmeal
- 1 ½ cup pecans or walnuts *
- 2 ½ cups mix-ins (i.e. chocolate chips, raisins)
- 1 ½ cup coconuts **
* - Optional, don’t do it if you don’t want to.
** - Also optional, most commonly used instead of nuts. However, they’re your cookies, so do what you feel like doing. You could even be really crazy and put like nuts, and coconut. I mean, I wouldn’t, but you can.
-Directions-
- First add the sugar, butter, eggs, honey, and vanilla to a large mixing bowl. Cream these ingredients together, if you do it right, it should look like a glossy brown sugar blob. It should also be fairly pliable. Not to mention, almost irresistible.
- Next, in a different bowl, mix the flours (that’s right, there’s an “s” on the end, what of it), Cinnamon, baking soda, salt, and nutmeg.
- Now, you take the mixture of the dry ingredients you just made and add it to the sugar blob.
- Once you have the new, sugary, floury blob thing, you add in the oats. Make sure when your doing all this mixing, you do it throughly.
- Now shape the dough in circles about 2 inches in diameter, and ½ inch thick. Im not even going to try to explain how to do this, I could write a book. It suffices to say that nobody can do it like Dad, so just figure something out.
- Almost there, all that’s left to do is this: bake for 14-15 minutes on 360-370 F (182-188 C). Now that your done you could eat them, but if you want to be like Dad, give them away. One more thing, if you have kids they would love to have a spoonful of dough every now and then.
- Next, in a different bowl, mix the flours (that’s right, there’s an “s” on the end, what of it), Cinnamon, baking soda, salt, and nutmeg.
- Now, you take the mixture of the dry ingredients you just made and add it to the sugar blob.
- Once you have the new, sugary, floury blob thing, you add in the oats. Make sure when your doing all this mixing, you do it throughly.
- Now shape the dough in circles about 2 inches in diameter, and ½ inch thick. Im not even going to try to explain how to do this, I could write a book. It suffices to say that nobody can do it like Dad, so just figure something out.
- Almost there, all that’s left to do is this: bake for 14-15 minutes on 360-370 F (182-188 C). Now that your done you could eat them, but if you want to be like Dad, give them away. One more thing, if you have kids they would love to have a spoonful of dough every now and then.
4 comments:
mmm....yum! I LOVE his cookies. I'll have to try making them with the kiddos tomorrow. Thanks for sharing!
Heavenly blissfulness! I want to make cookies now. I loved Kirk's comments! Ha, ha!
I too am a fan of these cookies! Just found your blog. Say hello to Jared and your ADORABLE boys!
Ooooh, thank Gregg for us! I'll have to clean up the kitchen from Monday nights cookies and make some more. :) Also, I love Kirk's comments. He is hilarious. :)
Post a Comment