Thursday, April 10, 2008

Perfect for me...

Do you sometimes sit back and ask yourself why you've been chosen to be so blessed? After listening to conference I've been reminded of my many blessings and have made a commitment to try to be more acutely aware of the many tender mercies in my life. One of my greatest blessings is my husband - he really is the perfect match for me. Jared is level-headed and can calm my emotions when I feel I'm lost in a raging torrent. He motivates me to be better than I am through his wise counsel and example. His hugs can make any sour day turn sweet... I can literally feel my heart soar when he lovingly puts his arms around me. I am grateful to be married to him. He is an amazing husband, father, priesthood holder, and hard worker. He is a tender mercy...

Here are some pics of him on some business and hunting trips...

Photobucket The Alamo

Photobucket
Washington DC Temple

Photobucket
Hunting some "beast" with his Dad... deer probably

This weekend he and his friend Jared Gunnell are going fishing up at Chevlon Lake. Fishing is a life-line for him... if he doesn't get to go for too long a time, some of the life starts to seep out of him. I'm glad that they have the opportunity to go because he needs a break from all the stress and burdens placed upon him... a chance to recouperate, enjoy the outdoors, and have some "man time."

5 comments:

Geoffrey and Ellee Pettit said...

what a sweet post. I can not believe how much he looks like his dad. Both handsome men. You inspire me to do and be better. We love san antoino. Did he have fun?

Mindy said...

We love Jared too. He is great. I am so thankful that you have such a neat husband!

Becca said...

Oh my goodness! I read through one of your friends comments that she loves San Antonio, and I thought, thats where Brandon is from, what is she talking about? I totally didn't realize that The Alamo is in San Antonio. Brandon would be ashamed of me! Ha, ha!

So happy that you have a fabulous husband!

Mindy said...

Becca, LOL! I had no idea the Alamo was in San Antonio either until Ellee mentioned it. Where were we during history class? Ha Ha!

Erin said...

Jared is an awesome cousin too! He comes from a great family, a Dad that has always helped my Mom and I love all those boys, glad he found such a sweet wife! :)