Friday, July 11, 2008

Has it really been 5 years?

Yesterday Jared and I celebrated our 5 year anniversary - well maybe I should replace the word "celebrated" with "had." We didn't really do much yesterday in the way of celebrating. I was in a bad mood (probably the result of the emotionally and mentally exhausting week we've had and a lack of sufficient sleep) and we had a huge monsoon storm (hooray for that... it lifted my spirits... until we discovered that it leaked into our house). Anyway, we have grandiose plans for tonight to make up for it. We're going to try and go out to eat at perhaps Texas Roadhouse and then to the temple to do some family names that Jared's aunt found.

These past five years have been wonderful. I really am so blessed to have such an amazingly "perfect for me" husband. We've grown and matured in our love for each other as we worked together to make it through the tough times. It's been fun to share our hobbies and interests with each other over the years. While at the reunion in Utah last week I joked with myself that Jared would be proud when I wondered out loud if there was any fishing available at the nearby river and springs that we visited. Never before did I get so excited about the possibility of seeing some deer or elk on our drive through the mountains until Jared. I love his enthusiasm for the outdoors.

I love you Hun! Happy Anniversary!

2 comments:

Geoffrey and Ellee Pettit said...

that is so sweet. You guys are so cute. We have our 5 year, in sept. I'm sorry to hear about all that's been going on with your dad. I'm glad to hear that everything is looking better. Love you. see you in a few weeks.

Mindy said...

Happy Anniversary to you! I can't believe that we will be celebrating our 10th this year. It is crazy how time flies.