Thursday, August 7, 2008

Can I just say...

that I LOVE craigslist?! It is liberating to sell things we've never used in our 5 years of marriage or no longer need/want - not to mention the cash that comes along with selling it. It's great! In the last few months we've sold so much... here's a recap:

SOLD:
$250 Striped Sofa
$75 Blue Loveseat (which is really hideous underneath the blue cover)
*We actually bought the sofa and loveseat 5 years ago from a friend for $150*
$50 TV (we bought for $40 and it was too big for our ET center)
$60 microwave (orig. $80 from Target and used for 4 years)
$60 black futon (free)
$8 Teaching posters (orig. $12)
$35 Picture and shelves I've never used but stored for 5 years
$3000 Honda Accord 1986 (bought for $2000)
$1000+ my time for tutoring - LOVE IT!

BOUGHT:
$150 Patio Set
$150 Entry Table/Buffet
$15 Lot of 57 unopened HotWheels cars
$80 Double Stroller - currently trying to sell because it pushes like a semi truck!
$50 Train table and train set for G's birthday

The downside to selling so many of our belongings is our house is currently de-furnished until we've saved enough to get something we love. We did just get an awesome deal on formal chairs for our front room which Jared assembled last night. The two chairs and table cost only $300 - that's almost an even exchange for the very used striped couch they replaced!

Photobucket

What do you think of this buffet table? Isn't it scrumptuous!? This is the one I got on craigslist in brand new condition still in the box. AMAZING!

Photobucket

Have you had any luck with craigslist?

11 comments:

Tressa said...

You are the queen! I should try Craigslist more. Hmm, I may have to go hunting for things to sell. :)

J. Paige said...

We bought our car from Craigslist- it's great! Your house is looking so CUTE! What a talented shopper you are. My Utah kids love KSL adds, but we obviously don't have that here. Keep us posted on your great deals :o)

Andrea Gunnell said...

Wow Karli, I'm loving those chairs and you already know I'm in love with your buffet table. When I get a real house will you help me decorate it? Seriously!

Salsa Mama said...

Love that buffet! We have had great luck with Craigslist, too. It's fab.

Letia said...

Wow, you have scored some great deals! I have spent a LOT of hours looking for stuff, but my success rate has been nil. But you motivate me, there is a deal to be found...and I want to find it! Oh, I guess J did get his Nintendo DS off of craigslist, so he has had success.

Erin said...

Have not had good experiences with Craigslist...I had someone try to scam me for swim lessons last summer, that was not a cool thing. Looks like you are finding good deals though!

Kristen said...

I wish I had your luck. I'm trying to sell a cello on craigslist, but no takers. Send some of your luck this way, will ya. I LOVE your furniture!

Mindy said...

That is awesome! And, I love your buffet table! It is BEAUTIFUL! Want to sell my junk?

Crystal said...

You are going to have to tutor me in CraigsList 101!! That is awesome!!! Your new furniture is awesome! Good luck finding more!!!!

Corri said...

I LOVE your entry table...I am actually looking for something exactly like that. In fact, I went shopping today, but couldn't find anything I liked or that was kid proof. (Everything is open and easily accessible to a child, which is something I have to start worrying about now. If you find any other cute ones, let me know. ;)

Our Ohana said...

I LOVE that buffet it is GORGEOUS! Maybe I should start checking out Craigslist more often - those are some amazing deals!