Friday, August 8, 2008

Will someone wake me up?

I think I'm having a terrible nightmare. I'm in my kitchen but it seems brighter than it should be. I think something is missing... or different. Oh wait, I think I know what it is... The curtains from the window are gone... along with the blinds... Oh and there's a hole in the wall above the sink. What happened? Oh yes. I remember now. The rains came down and the floods came up. The rains came down and the floods came up. The rains came down and the floods came up and the rain poured right through the ceiling! That's right.

We've been wanting to do some home improvements, but this was NOT what we had in mind. But it requires our immediate attention. Isn't it amazing how we've got this inclusive "Home Warranty" plan that expired a week ago? Not like it would have mattered anyway... it didn't include the roof. Whatever! So I guess we'll be fixing the roof, re-sheetrocking the kitchen wall. Who knows... while we're at it we might just replace the disposal, kitchen window, light fixture, and kitchen faucet (that actually had been on our to-do list of home improvements... I think it just started leaking today too).

So would someone please wake me up from this nightmare? I can't take it anymore. Until then... I just have to live with a leaky roof and a hole in my kitchen wall.

4 comments:

Amber said...

I'm sorry Karli. It is kinda of a cool way to let some sunshine in. Hopefully, you can get a cute new faucet, and find a good qaulity deal on the rest of wall and roof repairs. Good Luck

Tressa said...

Ugh! What a pain! I hate house repairs, well those and car repairs. I can think of SOOO many more things I would rather spend money on.
Of course, house remodeling can be a good thing. It just stinks that it is being forced on you.

Mindy said...

Oh no! I feel your pain! Our roof is leaking in our girls bathroom, so of course we have to be fixing that soon. Not to mention the dryer we just had to replace. Ugh.

Scott and Candice Moore said...

Karli
How awful! Life has a funny way of waking us up doesn't it. Anyways don't know if you remember me but we hung at EAC and I had classes with Jared. I borrowed one of your dresses for a EA formal. I saw your names on a friends blog and could not resist checking you guys out. Glad to see your doing well...besides the rain trama. If you want to keep in touch let me know! www.mooreloving.blogspot.com