Monday, September 29, 2008

Where did my Saturday go?

I asked this question of my mother-in-law at about 4:00 in the afternoon last Saturday. Her answer: "It's gone to PEACHES." She was right about that. We spent a good 5 hours preserving fresh Utah peaches - the absolute best kind. It's quite the process and definitely requires at least two people especially while taking care of two rambunctious boys at the same time. We bottled 54 pints of peaches, froze 3 or 4 quart sized bags for breakfast drinks and saved more than a dozen for enjoying over the next few days. I've already sneaked one on top of vanilla ice cream. YUM! I love preserving and preparing.

That evening I went to the Relief Society Broadcast and it was just what I needed. I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE listening to President Uchtdorf speak. I was so uplifted and motivated to fulfill my role by creating and being compassionate. Perhaps I'll listen to his talk again today. It was great!

7 comments:

Andrea Gunnell said...

Wow, that's a lot of peaches! You'll be enjoying them for a long time. I also enjoyed President Uchtdorf's talk but I need to listen to it again as I was trying to keep Kyson quiet while listening to it.

Rissa said...

Peaches sound wonderful. Especialy peach jam. I'm glad you got to go to the broad cast.

Tressa said...

Way to go on the peaches! I should do some myself. But, I am afraid I am behind on Halloween costumes. I need to spend all my extra time working on them. My kids need their costumes (except for Gavin) by Oct 15th! They go off track for school after that so they will not be in school for Halloween. Their classes will be doing their parties on the 15th. Agh!

Mindy said...

Yay for you for canning peaches! Isn't it fun to see your beautiful bright, colorful jars of tasty peaches sitting your pantry...or in my case your master closet? :)

Our Ohana said...

Hey - I grew up with Kris' wife, Brittany, in Payson! We've been friends for years!! How funny that you're related to Kris! It IS a small world!

Kirsi Anne said...

KARLI!!! how are you?!?! I haven't seen you in forever!!! Your kidos are so super cute!!!

Amber said...

It sounds like you are mastering the art of domestic engineering!! Way to go!!