Thursday, October 23, 2008

Ward Campout

Even with two little tinies we decided to brave the ward campout again this year. And I'm glad we did. It was a nice overnight getaway with good food and good company. It was held at Camp LoMia (up in Pine, AZ) and since it was mid-October it was quite cold at night. Luckily G slept really well and stayed warm. On the other hand B was freezing and woke up all night long. Finally I just brought him in bed with me so he could sleep - my sleeping was over because I'm a terrible "co-sleeper."

Anyway, G loved being able to run around and explore. But even more than that he loved following the older boys (4-5 years old) and trying to do what they do. His favorite person to tag along with was Jack Gannon, another little red-headed boy that is irresistably cute. They enjoyed collecting the tops of acorns. Another of G's favorite activities was running around and singing (aka shouting) on the stage. Funny boy!


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


B loved to cautiously walk around... as long as I was very close by. He's definitely in the "I-need-my-mommy" stage. You would often find him doing this:
Photobucket


Even though it was quite chilly, I really did enjoy the changing colors of the leaves and the respite from the heat of the valley.

Photobucket

Photobucket

1 comment:

Rissa said...

I've been there. Thats awesome that you went. It's cute when little people sing(scream). Your kids also wear realy cute cloathes