Monday, February 9, 2009

The perfect song...



There couldn't have been a better title for this song and the timing in which it was sung. I sang this in church yesterday and I'm positive it was only possible with the help of angels. Why, you may ask? Saturday night I completely lost hearing in my left ear... no sound! It's a rather lame cause I'm afraid. I was just cleaning my ears and now I'm deaf in that ear - I have yet to find out if it's just blocked or if I popped my ear drum. I guess I'm naive because I thought that if you popped your ear drum that was it - you'd be deaf in that ear forever. Lucky for us, those do grow back :). I was ready to just arrange to have a congregational intermediate hymn sung in place of this musical number, but this song really was perfect for the theme - Jeffrey R Holland's conference talk "The Ministry of Angels." After a lot of praying and practicing with my partial hearing I decided to go through with it. Another testimony that angels really do surround us and come "exactly when they're needed most, then seem to disappear."

The sound quality on our little digital camera is pretty poor for video recordings so here are the lyrics if you can't hear them...

I believe in angels, those helpers who are near
Exactly when they're needed most, then seem to disappear
I know them when I see them, whatever their disguise
They're patient and encouraging, resourceful, kind, and wise

Yes I believe in angels, the kind that heaven sends
And I'm surrounded everyday by angels I call friends
I believe in angels, the kind that heaven sends
And I'm surrounded everyday by angels I call friends

4 comments:

Salsa Mama said...

That is a a wonderful song. You have a lovely voice, too. You are so brave to record yourself and put it on your blog!! It makes me think that someday I might think about recording myself on the flute or something for my kids to watch after I'm no longer with them. Hmmmm...

Erin said...

Beautiful Karli thanks for sharing, and I hope that your ear and hearing are better!

Cami D. said...

Karli I loved your song - I love your voice - I love that you can play AND sing. You are beautiful and I am sorry to hear about your ear, I hope that everything turns out for the best. Love you!

Jamilyn said...

that is such a perfect song, i love it!