One Saturday when Jared had gone to the archery range I made an impulsive decision to make some big changes around the house. It involved muscles, a few allen wrenches, and some sweat. I dismantled the crib that was still set up but hadn't been used for 2-3 months. Then I took down the twin bed in Brexton's room so it would fit through the door and around in the hallway to make it into Garrett's room. After rearranging boxes of food storage and bins of baby boy clothes I set up the bunk beds. Jared got home just in time to screw back in the wood railing along the bottom of the bed frame.

The transition went much more smoothly than I thought it would. Garrett was happy to climb right up to the top bunk and lay down at nap time. Brexton didn't need any coaxing to lay in his bed either - after all there weren't any other options to lay on. Surprisingly they don't talk or try to play with each other when it's time for bed but they do rise early in the morning... 5:15 or 5:30 am. That's okay though we just walk them back to bed, turn on their CD, and then we climb back in bed for 20 minutes while we get some good cuddle time and brace ourselves for a new day.
2 comments:
Whoa! Big boys now! :D
Look at you!! Good job at putting that together all by yourself!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I LOVE IT!!!! You are totally one of those blogs I always love to look at to see all of your crafty inspiration!!! :) Keep posting them!! I love it!!! :)
Post a Comment