We went to Tucson for the Labor Day weekend to spend some time with Jared's parents and I'm glad we did. Since the weather was picture perfect for a day outside we all took advantage of it. Jared and Gregg went hunting (unsuccesful in their search) and the rest of us began with a trip to Brandi Fenton Park - fabulous!




Although they loved the playground, Garrett spent most of his time doing this...



This park also has a "splash park" and while we didn't come equipped with swimwear we couldn't resist a run through the water. Our favorite part was the buckets that would fill up with water and then randomly tip over.

Our fun hadn't run out yet so we headed over the the Reid Zoo - my favorite of all zoos! The perfect size, great proximity to the animals, and shaded with big trees.
Where should we go first?

Monkeys...

Then Giraffes...

Brexton needed a break already...

Pose for a picture in the Aviation Path - proof that I really was there...


With the help of some other zoo visitors we realized that we can feed the giraffes bean pods as we "meet in the middle." No camera zoom going on here! Those tongues are amazing!


The whole clan...
2 comments:
I miss that zoo! I agree, it really is the best. My kids loved going first thing in the morning when the monkeys had just been let out. They are wild things and get really loud. My kids got to be great imitators of those monkeys, and would carry on "conversations" with them. :)
Wow! I can't believe how much your kiddos have grown in the past few months. Everybody looks happy and healthy. Glad to be reading your blog again :o)
Post a Comment