
It's crazy to me that Brexton is only turning 2 years old. Perhaps it's because I can hardly remember only have one child. Perhaps it's because he can do most everything that Garrett can do. He's been speaking in sentences for at least 4 months now. Regardless of his age though, WE LOVE HIM! :)

A few things about Brexton...
Brexton is our little "hat" boy. He wears a hat constantly... occasionally wearing it while sleeping too. I find it hilarious that he is so particular with how he wears it. He insists that it be pulled down nearly over his eyes. To see anything he has to crank his head back and look down his nose. Seriously makes me laugh. Don't even try to adjust the hat upwards because he'll yank it right down.
He is obsessed with "ouchies" and blemishes. He is sure to point out every spot and ask, "What's that, Mom? Ouchy? Get it off."
He is doomed for some major orthodontic work. I've never seen baby teeth so crammed in one little mouth, but even so his smile is enough to melt even the toughest of hearts. Something about his eyes, sweet peronality, tender heart, and contagious smile allows him to nestle into your soul creating and reserving a soft spot just for him.
His nursery leader MaryAnn Millsaps shared a sweet story about him. On this particular Sunday one of the girls in his class had a meltdown over a toy grocery cart that was swiped by another child. As Brexton recognized her dismay he picked out a doll and gently handed it to her with a smile. When he saw that the other child had finished playing with the grocery cart he promptly wheeled it over to the little girl saying it was her turn now. What a sweet little boy. He is destined for great things!
Brexton is so great at sharing. If Garrett gets nasty and tries to swipe the toy Brexton is playing with, Brexton definitely stands up for himself. But as soon as Garrett remembers to ask nicely for a turn when Brexton is done, Brexton sweetly hands it over and says "your turn, Garrett." This pattern also applies to food/snacks - and Garrett is all over that. I'm sure that Garrett already does and will probably continue to take advantage of Brexton's spirit of giving. There are times when I want to (and sometimes do) pipe in and tell Garrett to leave Brexton alone and let him eat his food/play with his toy in peace. But I don't want to ruin his generous tendencies for the sake of a small selfish indulgence. If someone else wants what he has and he's willing to give it, I'm sure he will be blessed with all that he needs in this life. That is profound... it's amazing what these little people teach me everyday. They have surely changed my life.
I LOVE YOU BREXTON!
The camera loves him, too...


Getting a HAPPY BIRTHDAY call from Grandma...

2 comments:
Oh my goodness Karli he has changed so much. His hair dosen't look red, and he looks like a little man. (0: Such a cutie, and what a neat brother too. It is so neat that Heavenly Father gives us what we need to get through this life.
That was such a fun post! I wish we could play together. Love you all!
Post a Comment