Friday, November 9, 2007

The waiting game...

continues. I am not due until tomorrow, but just knowing that any time I could go into labor is making me crazy! I went to my appointment yesterday and was hoping for some remarkable progression, but nope. Still 3 cm (which I admit is still pretty good). I asked him to strip my membranes because supposedly it helps... with Garrett he stripped them and then 5 days later I went into labor, so maybe it doesn't do anything for me. I guess this little guy will just decide to come when he wants to. Maybe Jared and I will go for a curb walk tonight.

Oh and you know what else is driving me crazy? Jared and I can't decide on a name! I thought we were okay with a name and then last night he says that it just doesn't sound right - that it sounds incomplete. Should it be this stressful? Does anyone else fret unceasingly about what their child will be called for the rest of their life?

7 comments:

echolsfamily said...

I am SO excited you found our blog!!! That's crazy though, because Justin and I were talking about you guys a couple of weeks ago about how we wished we had kept in better contact with you guys and just wondering what was going on with your family. We even googled Jared and your name and found an email link for a math teacher named "Karli Tompkinson" at Gilbert High School. We thought it could be you because we know you love math, so we emailed "Karli". Funny huh? Was it you, or a different Karli?? I could go on and on, but it looks like this comment is getting a little long...So what's your email address? Ours is: cassandra_dee01@hotmail.com
Your little baby is such a cutie! I can't believe you will be having another baby any day! Good luck! Hope it (he or she??) comes soon!!!

Tressa said...

Yep, we changed Kade's middle name just days before he was born. We thought we had it figured out, but it changed.
Looking forward to a phone call soon Karli!

Holly said...

Well, if it helps Grant didn't have a name for almost a whole day after he was born. Of course, we didn't know what we were having either. Maybe when you see him, one of your favorite names will just feel right, you know? Can't wait to get a phone call - cause you know I'll run right over and get Garrett.

MyR said...

I'm excited to see pictures of the newest little chunk of CUTE! Good luck!

Lindsi said...

Three centimeters!! I didn't make it to that until hours of laying in a hospital bed getting drugs pumped into me to go into labor.
And good luck on the name. I think that we'd been referring to my tummy as Ellie for so long that I couldn't have imagined her as anyone else. But that was a little surprising considering how painful decisions usually are for me. Rest assured, he'll be darling...in a manly way.

Mindy said...

Hello! We are totally friends. I *think* we finally decided on a name just a couple of nights ago. Hopefully, we won't change our minds again cause I would really like to know what to call this baby when he arrives (in 9 days). So, I feel your stress. AND...I keep expecting to see your number on my caller ID and a message telling me you had your baby. Hopefully, you won't have to wait too much longer!

Andrea Gunnell said...

Good luck with everything Karli! I can't believe he still hasn't decided to come into this world and you are three days past your due date! Three more days at the most...I'm sure that seems like forever.