Okay, so I know I never posted anything about Thanksgiving so here goes. As of Thanksgiving day Brexton was just 6 days old so I wasn't about to go traveling anywhere. So the Tompkinsons came to us from Tucson and I'm so glad they did. It wouldn't have been the same without having family to share Thanksgiving with... not to mention the fact that our dinner would have been severely lacking. I put myself in charge of the turkey, mashed potatoes, gravy, rolls, and pumpkin pie. In addition we had green bean casserole, fruit salad, stuffing, and cranberry sauce (am I forgetting anything...?). The turkey turned out deliciously - my first attempt ever (thanks to Tressa for the recipe). The mashed potatoes were a huge hit thanks to Chef Jenny's recipe - Creamy Roasted Garlic Mashed Potatoes. They were so good that I made them again last night! I am willing to bet that they will top any mashed potatoes you have had in your whole life!
Chef Jenny is a new favorite blog of mine to check. I have tried one or two other recipes of hers and they are fabulous! You've got to check her out.
5 comments:
I'll have to try adding the roasted garlic. Other than that my mashed potatoes are the same (cream cheese, sour cream, etc). So glad you had a wonderful day! And I am glad that the turkey didn't give you fits. :)
Ooooh! That sounds so good! DH's favorite food is mashed potatoes so I will DEFINATELY try those.
How could it NOT be good with milk, cream cheese, sour cream, AND butter? Ha ha! We love adding roasted garlic to our mashed potatoes.
I love that you guys love Chef Jenny! She is so great, I love her - and she totally cracks up that I dubbed her "chef"! Ha!
I love CHEF JENNY!!!
Post a Comment