If you're a follower of my blog, you'll know that I first tried "Chef Jenny" when I did her mashed potatoes for Thanksgiving. Since then I've tried so many more of her recipes and have LOVED them. Here are a few of my favorites.
Blackberry Cream Cheese Muffins With Sweet Berry Drizzle - great for Sunday morning YUM! (unless you have church at 9:00 and have babies :)
Spicy Chicken Artichoke Pasta
Chicken Enchilada Soup
Hearty Healthy Chicken Soup - Probably my FAVORITE soup!
Chicken Burritos - made these this week YUM!
Creamy Chicken Italiano
Spaghetti Bolognese - made this last night
Avacado and Egg Sandwich
Stuffed Shells
Cheesy Baked Stuffed Ziti
Peanut Butter Chocolate Chunk Cookies
Soft Gingersnaps -making these today
Homemade Rolls - Whole Wheat Goodness!
Million Dollar Peanut Butter Cookie EASY!!!
Delicous Balls of Heavenly Yum (My sister gave these this name)
Crunchy Almond Chicken Strips
These next two I haven't tried yet, but they're on the menu!
Creamy Fire Roasted Tomato Basil Soup -making this Friday
Chicken Corn Chowder with Cornbread Bites -making this tomorrow
I know it may sound trite... but she's changed my life and how I look at my role as a mother in providing a good meal to have together. Here is the "Ode to Chef Jenny" that I put on her blog as a comment, letting her know how wonderful I think she is.
"I have to credit my introduction to my cousins Myr and Cami DeWitt. THANK YOU!
I wouldn't call myself a "cook" in the loosest meaning of the word and actually dreaded making dinner because I had very few things that I could make well. My husband kept mentioning that we needed to broaden our menu. So I would try something out of my 10 cookbooks and it would either be mediocre or disgusting (yes, I've thrown away complete meals before... I know, wasteful). But now that I've found you, "Chef Jenny," I'm excited to try new things and love to hear my husband say dinner tastes great. In fact most days that I'm trying something new, he asks me if it's a Chef Jenny Recipe because 95% of the time it is :)
These mashed potatoes were my first adventure with "Chef Jenny" - we made them for Thanksgiving, Christmas, and a few other times too. D*E*L*I*C*I*O*U*S!!! I LOVE the Spicy Artichoke Chicken w/ Broccoli meal! I've also enjoyed the Stuffed Shells, Creamy Chicken Italiano, Gingersnaps, Chicken Enchilada Soup, etc. And can't wait to keep trying your latest and greatest creations.
I know this post is long, but I want to thank you thank you thank you for the changes that you've made in me even if we've never met. I appreciate the opportunity that having dinner as a family provides for good communication and am grateful that now I can add good eating as a plus to having dinner together too! Anyway, thanks again. HOORAY for CHEF JENNY! :)"
13 comments:
wow! thank you for introducing her to me. i've never heard of her before but i was nearly drooling as i looked through her blog
i can't wait to try some of these meals
OH how we all owe so much to CHEF JENNY! Did you try her Chocolate Chip cupcakes with cream cheese frosting and candy cane sprinkles? UM they are my new favorite holiday treat! I did her egg nog cookies too. She is awesome! I need to try more of her dinners and stop eating all the not so good for you treats though.
I love it! She laughs that I labeled her "Chef" but I know she's got amazing recipes huh? I wish you could seen folks crowded over the 'dinner group' board to see if they got hers! FUNNY! If you want to meet her (she will laugh) come to church with me! :P I am glad you are loving her too!
Tawni, let me know what else you try that you love. I have been so tempted to try all of her desserts, but am trying to limit the treats to "special occasions." I am DYING to try the "Mile High Cheesecake" - maybe we should plan a get-together as an excuse :)
Cami, to meet Chef Jenny... wouldn't that be a dream come true :)! Ha Ha Ha! No really... she's AMAZING!
Hey Thompkinsons! I love this blog stuff 'cause now we can see each other more! :) but we still need to get together soon! We have one now too: kevbritgibbz.blogspot.com
Happy Valentine's Day!
Karli,
I hope you don't mind, but I found your blog through my site meter and I don't even know what to say. Those were the nicest things you said about me. These are the reasons I do what I do. Thank you for all of your comments and I'm glad I have helped you, even if it's "dinner" related! Hope to fix up some more yummy treats for you and your family! Cami is too funny for the "Chef" title. I'm so far from it!
OH MY GOODNESS... I would love the Mile High Cheesecake! I have been avoiding it for a reason. I am afraid that I might become addicted! We should aim for a cousins get together in March! With lots of Mile High Cheesecake!
Thanks for the tip Karli- I've been getting so tired of working on a meal only to have it turn out awful- and your family is beautiful-
Jana
that's so funny. i had no idea. jenny was in my home ward for awhile and i lost touch with her. i don't even know if she'd remember me. so it was fun to see what she's up to...and i hope to try those stuffed shells soon...mmmm! thanks for the tip. i'm always needing new ideas for dinner. my goal is to eventually have 30 meal ideas that my family all loves that i can just cycle through over and over again! ha! right now i only have like 5 meals that we all like enough to eat regularly. otherwise i'm always trying new stuff in my quest for meal euphoria...
I can't wait to try her recipes. They sound DELISH! Good thing I get to eat for 3!
Thanks to your intro to Chef Jenny, we had the most fab b-day dinner for my mom tonite! We made her Artichoke Chicken pasta and the peanut butter cup cheesecake brownies. To-die-for!!! ALL of my kids ate the dinner! That is a spectacular feat in itself! Thanks Karli!! :)
Thanks for sharing. That hearty chicken soup was so tasty!!! I needed a little variety in my menu, and it ws nice to have some tried and trusted recipes.
Hey Karli. This is Katy (Ollerton) Bryce. Just wanted to say thank you for linking "Chef Jenny's" blog to yours- I am so glad you did! I love her recipes. And, Your boys are adorable. I look at your blog every now and then... hope you don't mind! I'm glad things are going well for you.
Post a Comment