1. A working oven - thank goodness!
2. Pocket sized digital camera - works great for camping, fishing, hiking, ball games, etc.
3. Sleeping babies
4. Disposable diapers
5. Music
6. Going to Grandma's and Grandpa's house
7. Mountains
8. Rain
9. Relief Society - Enrichment tomorrow night!
10. My piano
11. Mountain House Dried Food
12. Pressure Canner
13. I'm healthy
14. So are my kids and hubby
15. Legos - G loves them!
16. Baby showers
17. True friends
18. Good sales - peaches are 39 cents/lb at Sprouts
19. Sisters
20. Crafts
21. Banana Bread
22. Freshly mowed yard
23. Ice cold water
24. Olympics
25. Mi Casa Tortillas from Thatcher
26. Cool Weather
27. Catching fish
28. Spending time with loved ones
29. Eating good food
30. Playing games
31. Watching movies
32. Coloring
33. Going on walks in the mountains
34. Relaxing
35. "Cabin camping"
Those last 10 sum up our recent vacation to Alpine, AZ with my in-laws. It was nice to have a "reunion" of sorts with Jared's immediate family (minus Kirk who's on a mission) where we could just be together without distractions.
The excitement began as they were loading up the vehicles. G wanted to be outside with the action but Jared and Gregg didn't want to have to worry about him running into the street. So they strapped him in the front seat of the truck. A few minutes later they went to check on him and this is what they found - a face covered in chocolate as he snarfs down Gregg's cookies... Do you blame him? If these were in my arms reach, I'd probably stick them on my lap and eat as fast as I could too! :)
We stopped in Pinedale on our way there to visit my grandparents. I just love them. They are so kind and hospitable. We enjoyed the most amazing lunch ever - as soon as they found out we were coming they insisted that they provide lunch for us: corn on the cob, garden green beans, grilled chicken, and the tastiest potato salad I've ever eaten. Thanks Grandma and Grandpa!
All B wanted to do was walk everywhere. He's nowhere near having the balance needed to walk, but he LOVES for you to hold his hands and help him along - he'd much rather that than crawling which he does just fine and at a decent rate. My little 9 month old... man, he's cute!
G had the best time exploring outside and Grandma T soaked up all the "grandma time" she had - doing whatever it was that he wanted her to do with him.
G's next favorite thing to do was hang out on the shore and throw rocks into the water. I'm positive he'd never seen anyone else ever throw rocks into water but somehow he knew that it had to be fun. He was right! Although he did just about launch himself right into the lake with the size of some of his rocks - funny kid!
The guys spent most of every day fishing the surrounding lakes and rivers with minimal luck. Evan got "skunked" but Jared and Gregg caught a few. I caught one that wriggled off my line about 2 feet from the shore. (I still count it though)
I have to put this next picture in just for posterity's sake - or to make Evan laugh. He needed a backpack to put some of his things in while we hiked along the Black River, but the only one we had available was G's small backpack. Reluctantly he conceded to wear it - he definitely has the most fashion sense out of all of us. He doesn't know it, but I snuck a picture. Love ya Evan!
Proof that I really was there :)
















9 comments:
Your boys are TOO CUTE! B has some great red hair!!
So fun to hear about your trip! Looks like you guys had a great time!
How fun! I want some cooler weather! We are supposed to get into the 80's for one day this week. Other than that in the low to mid 90's. Ugh!
I like Mi Casa Tortillas too! You take the best pictures. I love the one with G and the wagon wheel.
I love fun pictures!!! You captured some great moments. I'm so glad you had fun on your trip.
Looks like great fun! You are making me want some Mi Casa tortillas AND some hugs from your boys. I really miss B...I loved how much he loved me! SO CUTE!
Well you sure took the positive comment thing seriously. Your boys are darling and growing up so fast. I love fun trips, especially for the fun memories.
Glad you had so much fun! It is nice to just get away sometimes :)
Have I told you before how great of a photographer you are? It runs in your family! Well, I always love looking at the pictures you take, because you do such a fabulous job! I love ya Karli and can't wait for tomorrow! You're the BEST!
Post a Comment