Tuesday, August 12, 2008

When it rains, it POURS!

I'm sure you've all heard that saying before, but it's true! Here are a few of our other "rainstorm" incidents that indicate a downpour - I know it could be a million times worse, but it does make me laugh in a weird sort of way all the crazy things that have happened.

- Our fridge broke twice within one month
- A pool party we went to got rained out half way through
- That night it rained through our roof
- When we had the missionaries over for dinner last week the chicken didn't get cooked all the way in the oven (I've made this dish at least 3 times before without any problems, and all of a sudden the chicken comes out pretty raw - gross!) So we nuked the chicken in the microwave, had crunchy rice, green salad, and fruit salad.
- Our AC stopped working; it was set at 78 and we realized it at 82 degrees (luckily we just had to replace the batteries in our thermostat)
- I started my period the day after (makes me really grouchy)
- I wake up the next day (yesterday) with a serious breast infection and a fever of 103.6 - I'm now on a perscription and feeling much better aside from the "girliness," cramps, and back pain.

Again, I know it could be way worse, but I do find it a little comical that when it rains it really does pour :) Have a happy day and go buy a really big umbrella. You never know when those "chance of showers" might turn into a torrential rain!

7 comments:

Tressa said...

Oh my! I think you have had more than your fair share of crummy things happen to you lately.
Hopefully it will only get better! Love ya!

Andrea Gunnell said...

I'm sorry you weren't feeling good. Hopefully you are doing better now and can really enjoy your vacation this weekend. Maybe that's just what you need...a vacation!!!

jayne said...

I can't believe how big your boys are!!! This is Jayne your old next door neighbor at the Layton apartments. We are in Kansas now. Check out our blog if you get a chance. It is blocked so send me an email and I will invite you in. jayneallbee@hotmail.com

Salsa Mama said...

Hey, I tagged you on my blog. Go check it out! :)

Rissa said...

I'm sorry. All of those things sound very depressing. Hopefully the sun will come out soon.

Julee said...

Oh man!! Infections are the worst!! Your little trip looks like so much fun!! I hardly recognized your littlest boy in the pictures!! He's getting sooooo big!!! He's adorable!!!!!!!!!!

Corri said...

Oh my goodness Karli, that is NO FUN!! I can totally relate to you on the dinner with the missionaries. It seems like stuff like that happens to me all the time. Like the other day when my baked potatoes came out of the oven still totally hard after I had cooked them for over an hour. And I made them the exact same way only a couple of weeks earlier, but still for some reason, crunchy potatoes. :D Love ya!