Thursday, September 11, 2008

Quirks...

So I've become aware of a few quirks in this family of ours. I found them a little comical and perhaps it'll give you more insight to how we work...

1. G actually LOVES getting groomed. He'll beg me to clip his fingernails and de-booger his nose (he's not crazy about kleenexes, but he loves when we get his sticky boogers - very carefully - with q-tips).

2. G's addicted to scratching at his mosquito bites until they bleed, scab, bleed, scab, over, and over, and over again. I'm forced to keep him in pants despite the ridiculously hot temperatures.

3. I've been aware of this next quirk for as long as I can remember, but I never thought it super strange until Jared noticed it and thought I was crazy. After I brush my teeth at night I MUST stick the corner bristles of my toothbrush in the small hole at the top between my two front teeth to make sure that I can suck air through it. (You might say... floss your teeth, but that makes my gums puff up and bleed. I don't like flossing - I know, bad)

4. Throughout the coarse of ONE day we probably put G's socks and shoes on his feet and take them off FIFTEEN times. He changes his mind a lot. I'm guessing the reason that he wants them put on so many times is because he's hopeful that we'll leave the house or go outside. We don't really have anywhere safe to go (aka. where I can't accidentally spend money) that's indoors...

5. Until now... We went the Arizona Museum for Youth not once, but TWO days in a row. It really is that great. We purchased a membership and can now go as much as we want for a year. They've got a great setup for 0-4 year olds complete with slides, toys, kitchen with play food, family room with books, tike sized couches and chairs, puzzles, a jeep they can sit in and steer, a pretend piano, art center, legos, a garden that you can plant and harvest, and even a "Tot Square" reserved for 0-2 year olds. FABULOUS! It allows them to play, learn, and interact with other kids their age. I'm going to be a frequenter. That's for SURE! So go ahead and get a membership and join me!


Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

4 comments:

Mindy said...

We love that museum! We had a membership one year but we just live too far away to make it worth it. :( That is a great place to go though...what a good idea!

Tressa said...

I am so glad you got a membership. :) I need to take my kids to our museum to use our membership some more. But, like Mindy said, it is pretty far away (well, at least it seems far away!). We have to drive downtown, mess with the traffic, pay for parking, etc, etc. But, I really do need to take them again. Maybe when they go off track for school. :)

Ruthy Butler said...

Oh my gosh, Jared and Karli! How the heck are you guys? You two liitle boys are so stinkin cute! I ran across your blog and was excited to see how good you are doing! Talk to ya later!

Travis and Britni said...

Holy cow. That place looks awesome. I wish they had something like that over here in Glendale. Oh well, I guess I'll have to settle for the playground at the mall. By the way, your family is quirky. It's ok though. I'll still be your friend:)