That's what we said to our kids and the babysitter last Saturday night as we went out on a date.
"See ya later, Alligator!" Without much of a plan (besides being together without the boys) we set out for an adventurous night. We decided to try out the restaurant at Bass Pro Shops named "The Fish Company." I must admit that I haven't had much experience with seafood even though I did live in Washington state for a year and my Dad built a fishing barge while we were there. Anyway, we wanted to go out on a limb and try something totally exotic and new. What, you ask? ALLIGATOR! We got it as an appetizer... and it was interesting. I'd describe it as kind of like chicken but kind of translucent, squishier, difficult to chew, and has an odd aftertaste. My entree was delicious. I think it was called Islandomara Portofino - grilled tillapia with shrimp in a lobster cream sauce with veggies and mashed potatoes. Now that was GOOD! After dinner we walked around Bass Pro Shops and looked at some pretty amazing knives hand carved and made out of Damascus Steel.
It was nice to get out and spend some one-on-one time. Like our "Marriage and Family" Institute teacher Brother Wright always said... "Going out on a date every week will be far less expensive than marriage counselling ever will!" There's some good advice for you.
Anyway, see ya later, alligator!
9 comments:
Wow! You were so brave to try the alligator. We have been wanting to go to that restaurant, and I always forget about it. Now that I know it's good, we really need to go there.
Haha! Eric and I had alligator sausage at a Brazillian steakhouse once. It wasn't very good. But, your entree sounds amazing! It is making me want to go out for dinner. :) Eric took the kids and I to Red Robin for my birthday on Thursday night, but that isn't very nice. Although not cooking is always nice. :)
getting out on a date every week seems impossible for us, it so expensive! i'll love that quote from bro. wright, it's perfect.
anyway, i've tried alligator too when we lived in Florida, they have it at many resturants there. I don't remember how it tasted but i do remember thinking it wasn't terrible but I didn't feel the need to have it again
I love the quote...will have to share that with Dan, maybe we can be better about date night.
I totally remember Brother Wright saying that!!! lol That's too funny!!! I don't know if I could have tried the alligator!! YOU ARE BRAVE GIRL!!!! The chewyness would probably turn my stomack!! lol j/k Dates are the best with our sweet hubbies!!! Life is wonderful, isn't it!!??
That is awesome that you tried alligator! You boys are super cute! Hope to talk to you soon!
You are brave to try alligator, or crazy. Either way I guess it is fun to try new things. The movie Bells at Saint Marys (with Bing Cosby) Is a really good movie. It is not even really a 'Christmas' movie, so you won't get any grief about it.
Alligator?!? That is way crazier than fried dill pickles in my opinion! It sounds kind of scary to me.
Sounds like fun to me! Date night...that's going to have to happen more often for us now. We just might be getting to the point where it's possible again!
Post a Comment