Tuesday, November 4, 2008

CARS Party Recap...

Well, we had quite a fun little birthday party for both boys on Saturday. I was worried about reaching the range of age groups attending, but I think we found success. It all began at 10:00 (and more importantly ended at 11:00... short and sweet) when the guests exercised their artistic flair at Ramone's Art Shop. I completely covered the table with butcher paper and they went to town with my new favorite crayons - Crayola's Twistables. Totally worth it!

Photobucket

Then we changed over to Flo's V8 Cafe where each person got to decorate and eat their very own car/truck shaped sugar cookie. G and B each got to blow out some candles and were each sung Happy Birthday to. B smeared off the frosting of his cookie, but didn't really know what to do after that.
Photobucket

Photobucket


I helped him to take a bite of the cookie... then he knew exactly what to do :)

Photobucket

G, on the other hand, as you may have guessed, had NO problems. In fact he was sure that he should have 2 or 3 more after the first one.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Then each child was given a CARS card and they had to go and search for the match hidden in the backyard. With match in hand they could then go to Sarge's Surplus and pick out their very own Hot Wheels car. I know, very exciting :)


My friend Teri brought over the "Pin the Tow Cable on Mater" poster that she made. The older kids thought that was pretty cool. Sadly I didn't get a picture of it, so I'm stealing this one from her blog. Thanks Teri! :)

Photobucket

The opening of gifts concluded our party. Thanks to everyone who came to make their birthdays extra special. It was fun to have you at our race track on Saturday!

10 comments:

Lorie said...

What a fun idea! I love it! And it looks like they all had a great time. I cannot believe how big your boys have gotten. Time flies!!

Rissa said...

That looks super fun. G especialy looks thriled. Very cute.

Dallas and Natalie Turley said...

SO creative!! That sounds super fun!

Amber said...

Wow you know how to throw a toddler party. It sounds like everyone had a great time. (:

Tressa said...

Sounds like an awesome party. :) Just wish we could have been there as well. :(

Holly said...

It was fun...and all of the kids enjoyed it! Yay!

J. Paige said...

what cute ideas!

Andrea Gunnell said...

I think Caleb's favorite part was getting his very own hot wheels car!!! Whoopee!!! We had a great time. Happy Birthday G and B!!!

Mark and Jaelynne said...

Karli-
Well, yeah we are really excited as well, we are just hoping that everything goes ok,... you know the first one is scary. Jaelynne is doing pretty good, actually rather than post this whole thing on here, is there a better way to post without commenting on the blog? Shoot me an email and I'll email you the details!
Mark
mpalmer12@hotmail.com

Julee said...

What a cute birthday!!! You are creative girl!!! I can't believe your boys are already having birthdays!!!!!! WOW!!! Where does the time go!!?? I love the pin the tail on the truck!! So cute!!