Jared went hunting for whitetail deer in section 33 (is that what they're called? areas? zones?). Anyway, he and his Dad had gone in a day early to "reserve" the spot they've been scouting and tracking. Friday morning, the first day of the hunt, they each spotted and shot a deer by 7:30. That's AMAZING! Jared's is a 3x3 and its antlers score right at 100 - that's bigger than anything he's got in the past. Great job! I think I may try canning some of the meat this time so that it doesn't get so freezer burnt before I can use it all.
And I couldn't post about hunting without including pics of my father-in-law. Hunting and guns are his passion. I think he'd go every week if he could :). I'm so glad that we live close enough so that Jared and his dad can get together and have some "man time."
These next pictures are taken right by where they were camped and they're pointing to where they shot their prize deers. Mighty hunters!
4 comments:
WOW. I don't know alot about hunting but even I can tell It
s a pritty one........He dosein't make you clean it right?
That is so not fair! Jared was gone one day??? WHAT!?? Matt always stays gone for what feels like forever! If you can the meat put it on the canning blog b/c I am getting a canner for Christmas and then I have a deer to can too! Congrats to Jared and Uncle Greg!
good job for jared. I had to show levi and as a hunter would ask another hunter, "Did you have a gun or bow?" So if you wouldn't mind clearifying this little matter up for him. Also he says, awesome buck!
Kevin told about what happened to Jared's dad when he went to move the buck after they shot it. That is crazy how it was still alive!! I'm just glad they're okay.
Post a Comment