Our little garden is growing and I am actually enjoying the process. I don't have fond memories of gardening growing up, although I can't blame my parents at all - they got us invovled for sure. It may have been because I didn't get out to do my part of gardening before triple digits attacked our summer days. It may have been the daunting task of weeding and watering that large section of land... endless rows and rows. But something about my quaint garden seems more manageable. It certainly is not perfect, but I love it. (I've had to rip out a diseased tomato plant, my bell peppers are turning all brown and yucky looking at the ends, and I'm afraid my sugar snap peas are fried from the heat... but I'm learning). We've enjoyed several cherry tomatoes - YUM! If you haven't had a home-grown tomato, YOU MUST! There really is nothing quite like it. Delicous!
Here are some before and current shots. It's amazing what a little water, weeding, and 2 months can produce. Oh, and doesn't the peach tree look so full? So fun!
BEFORE:

CURRENT:


1 comment:
Wow- that looks great. I bet the boys love picking things.
Post a Comment