I've looked forward to this day for a long time, this 18 month mark. Finally two hours of church without kids to distract me from much needed spiritual uplifting. Brexton did a great job for his first official day. It probably helped that I stayed in the room for the first hour because the nursery was extremely short-staffed.
Anyway, here's the latest with Brexton. He continues to be my little snuggle bug. He loves to hug me and run his fingers though my hair or pull it out of the ponytail. He is drawn to all stuffed animals or babies to hug and hold. I often find him sitting against a wall looking at a book. Even though he's half Garrett's size he loves to tackle Garrett and pick fights as long as he stays on top. Brexton has got quite the set of lungs. When he's upset he lets you know it! He is getting very independent - he feeds himself and wants to walk everywhere (when I'd rather hold on to him to keep tabs). He talks a lot for his little age. He loves to sing songs - popcorn popping, head-shoulders-knees-and-toes, and pat-a-cake are some favorites. He really dislikes Sacrament Meeting (to the point that I'm sure the ward is glad when we're gone). He does NOT like to be contained against his will. He makes the funniest faces. He's really good at the "fishy" face. Another one of my favorites happens when he scrunches his nose, scrunches his lips up around his top teeth like a gopher and breathes quickly in and out through his nose. He is getting to be a really fast runner.
Weight: 28 lbs
Height: 33 inches
Words: mama, dada, ball, car, duck, quack, dog, neigh, cow, moo, sheep, baa, up, please, down, more, no, okay, sorry, shoes, toesies, pants, stinky, poo poos, snack, wa wa, ride, book, etc(of course these aren't all pronounced correctly, but I know exactly what he's saying)
No comments:
Post a Comment