Tuesday, October 20, 2009

The JOYS of Boys...

I was getting ready to type the first sentence of this blog post and had to chuckle to myself when my first thought was to write "I love Sundays." I guess instead of chuckling I should say that I had a moment to reflect and be grateful. There was a time when I really despised Sundays - because they seemed to be such a struggle for Garrett and Brexton and consequently for Jared and I. They felt trapped and we felt battered, bruised, and bewildered by the end of Sacrament meeting after 75 minutes of wrestling, sshhhing, and crying (both on their part and on mine). Gratefully we are now past that (for the most part) and back to being able to listen to the talks and enjoy the spirit of worship.

Garrett and Brexton were particularly handsome this last Sunday and I just had to snap some pictures of them. And because I can't pick just one or two... you get a whole slew :)
Whenever I go to take Garrett's picture lately he holds up a hand - not sure why, but it's kinda funny...
Photobucket
Photobucket
Then there's Brexton. I ask him to look at me so I can take a picture of him and THIS is what I get! He's a crack up! Totally had me busting up!
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Here's their version of a requested "hug"
Photobucket



Here's why I love Sundays. In addition to being a day of rest from our worldly labor and cares, it's a time when we get to relax and just "be" (even amidst the countless meetings that seem to accumulate). After their naps Garrett and Brexton ran straight to Daddy and climbed up on his lap to enjoy the rhythmic rocking of the rocking chair and Daddy's safe and warm embrace. I sat in the neighboring rocking chair soaking it all in - making a mental picture of the peace and happiness wrapped up in the moment.

Photobucket

2 comments:

Tressa said...

I swear Garrett's hair looks even more red these days. What a cutie! I'm so glad that Sunday's are getting better. :)

Mindy said...

So handsome!