
We used my mom's Soft Pretzel dough recipe and after making countless pretzels in shapes of circles, triangles, stars, letters, etc we saved the last portion to mummify some hotdogs. The trick was getting the dough rolled thin enough. It was a great activity and provided a tasty lunch of pretzels with cream cheese and weenie mummies. Funny thing is, Garrett and Brexton refuse to eat hotdogs apparently. Perhaps they have acquired a preference for finer foods with my recent surge of acquiring culinary skills (compared to my total lack to begin with :)
3 comments:
Mindy and I are getting our kids together on Thursday after school to make Bloody Fingers. :) I know my kids are super excited. We may have to do the weenie mummies as well though, cause that is cute. :)
We did, we made a whole huge batch of bloody fingers (I am finishing them up right now) and we also did a double batch of soft pretzel dough and made a bunch of weenie mummies. :) Fun fun!!
It was so fun! Thanks for the inspiration...
Post a Comment