Sunday, November 18, 2007

WELCOME...

We welcomed Brexton Charles into the world Friday Nov. 16 at 11:52 am after being induced at 8:30. It was a difficult labor amplified by the fact that he was face up causing some major back pains. But after lots of contractions, screaming, and NO epideral B made a safe arrival weighing in at 8 lbs even and 21 inches long. He's got seriously long feet and fingers and the Tompkinson nose.

G has been doing pretty well so far - and it has definitely helped having Jared and my Mom around all the time to assist in keeping him company. G is so soft and loving with B, wanting to constantly give kisses and hugs.


16 comments:

Becky said...

Congratulations!! I am glad that your little guy made it. He is so cute. I love the picture of you holding him out in front of you and the one of him with Garrett. You are amazing for having no epidural after being induced with a face-up baby. Way to go!!!

Tressa said...

Thanks for the pictures Karli! I have been checking on and off all day today hoping to see some. :)
Eric is sitting near me, and glanced over when I said something like, "Oh yay, pictures of Brexton." He saw the picture and said, "He looks just like his dad."
I love the pictures of Garrett with him. We are so excited to come and squeeze his chub next month. :)

Erin said...

Karli! Good job, what a doll! I heard all about him at Kirk's endowments but now I get to see him too! My son was also posterior, probably why this little fellow was late! Hard to get out facing the wrong way!

Becca said...

I am so happy to see a picture of Brexton! He is adorable; I love the pics of him and Garrett. They are cute brothers.
Love ya! I'm so excited to see you and your new baby!

Mindy said...

KARLI...HE IS SO CUTE!!! Congratulations. I could not be more excited for you!

Holly said...

Yay - congrats! He is such a little cutie! And you're right - his feet are amazingly long - the BIGGEST I have EVER seen on a newborn. We'll have to compare with Grants feet - I bet Brexton's are longer. Yay for you!

Maren said...

i saw your name on heidis blog and want to tell you congrats on the new addition. hes a cutie! no epideral? are you CRAZY?! wow-way to go.

Cami D. said...

Karli...YEAH!! Congratulations! I am glad he made it safe and that your cute mom is here to help you! :) You are a champ for doing it naturally! Congrats! :)

Letia said...

Karli-
Congratulations! I'm so happy for you. Jace was posterior and no epi-I thought it was the worst thing EVER, you sound like you coped better than me. I think epidurals are the best thing ever after having experienced that.
-letia

Salsa Mama said...

Congratulations, Karli!! We are so happy for you. We still need to come over and visit and see your place in person and now we can see Brexton, too! I can't imagine having another baby with Dr. Destructo--you are such a with-it mom. Those boys will grow up to be so close~that's great!

Andrea Gunnell said...

Congrats Karli! Garrett looks so grown up next to Brexton. I love the picture of Garrett giving Brexton kisses. I'm excited to see Brexton again tomorrow!

Our Ohana said...

congrats! he's a cutie! What a FAST labor! Glad everything went well. :o)

Kimberly said...

KARLI!!

Congratulations! I am so excited for you guys... Brexton is ADORABLE! I can't believe you did it without and epi... Kinsley was posterior and it was the worst ever.. with an epi! You are AMAZING! Luv you! Can't wait to see your cute boys!

MyR said...

I just love those CHUBBY CHEEKS on BOTH your boys! SO CUTE! Congrats! And you look great!

echolsfamily said...

Glad to hear your little one arrived safely. What a cutie he is! And I love the name you guys picked!! Hope you are all doing well.

heidi said...

congrats. i can not believe you didn't have an epideral i wish i were able to handle it, so way to go.

he looks so cute & i'm begining to be convinced that having children close together is great in the fact that the oldest is pretty good with the new arival