When we were in Tucson a few weeks ago my in-laws offered to watch the boys while so Jared and I could do something together. As usual it took forever to decide what to do - why is it that I can always think of a million things I'd love to do without the kids, but when given the chance to follow through my mind draws a blank. We went through the normal ideas of going out to eat or going to a movie, but I just wasn't thrilled with those ideas. Then my "FIL" suggested going to the classic car show being held at a Hilton that he'd heard about on the radio. Perfect! So we grabbed some ice waters and the camera. There were tons of cars there and naturally I don't remember the types of many of them. I do remember seeing a "Hudson Hornet" though and I thought of G and wondered if he'd get as excited about seeing it in real life as he is when he sees his Cars Movie. The most memorable car was a 1910 White Steamer! It was AMAZING! To think that this car runs of steam and has absolutely no electrical components is mind boggling. The headlights run off of kerosene or propane or something like that - so it burns a little flame and then there's a mirrored cone/lens that magnifies and directs the light. We were there at the tail end of the show and so got to talk to the owner and watch him fire up the engine after pouring water in the tank.
Thanks for a fun date... and better yet a free one!




3 comments:
How fun! you two are so cute. I keep meaning to tell you that I love your hair. So dang cute!
What a fun, unique date. I am glad that you guys were able to get out.
that's so cool that that car runs off of steam, why don't we do that with our cars today? i'm all in favor for killing the gas prices
Post a Comment