I want to share my excitement for learning about and obtaining long term food storage and items for emergency preparedness. I’m not sure what has sparked my sudden drive for being prepared… maybe it’s because I’ve got children to care for, maybe it’s because I’m getting a pressure canner for Christmas early (thanks Mom and Dad!), maybe it’s because we’ve been told for decades by church leaders to prepare, maybe it’s because even world economists are telling people that the best way to spend the government incentive check is not to invest in stocks but instead in food storage… regardless of the source I’m excited to LEARN and PREPARE!
To help me and others learn all about preparedness I’m hosting a FOOD STORAGE/EMERGENCY PREPAREDNESS WORKSHOP right here in Mesa! It will be on Saturday June 14 from 9 am –Noon at my house. The first hour will be packed with presentations and information – after that it’s come and go and we’ll try to answer all your questions!
There will be a presentation at 9:15 on canning everything from meats to cake (you will be AMAZED at what you can can!!!). Following that there will be someone to speak about SHELF STABLE milk, butter, and whipping cream… as well as SOLAR OVENS, wheat grinders (manual and electric), stackable water buckets, and MUCH, MUCH MORE! She’s got an amazing story to share! To top it all off we’re going to have a distributor from Mountain House (freeze dried food that is “to die for” good and all you do is add water – that I can do!)… AND she’s going to let us all order at her distributor prices! Can you believe it? If you can’t make it and still want to order at these low prices… let me know and we can place it for you EVEN if you live out of state!!!
You won’t want to miss out on this opportunity to learn and prepare! I’m so excited I can hardly wait! I’M TRYING TO GET AS MUCH INFORMATION AS POSSIBLE AT ONE SPOT. TELL YOUR NEIGHBORS, FRIENDS, and RELATIVES TOO - THEY WANT TO LEARN. Please forward this on to anyone you think might be interested and I hope to see you there!!!
(IF YOU CANT MAKE IT BUT WOULD STILL LIKE INFO OR TO ORDER OR IF YOU DONT KNOW MY ADDRESS, POST A COMMENT AND I'LL GET AHOLD OF YOU)
What: Emergency Preparedness / Food Storage Workshop
When: Saturday June 14th
Time: 9am - Noon (Presentations 9:15 - 10:15 and come and go/stay after that)
Where: My House (leave a comment and contact for directions)
14 comments:
Sounds like a lot of fun. Wish I could be there! By the way, do you know when our canners will get in?? Hmmm, I wonder if Holly could bring mine with her on Thursday if it was in by then. :)
Karli,
This sounds like a super idea. I am totally in. I'll have to run the date by our calender, but I'm pretty positive we'll be there. I'm so glad you are doing this. I'm not the biggest fan of food storage, so a get together and learning new ideas is a huge incentive. Thanks for trying to help others like me with their food storage. I'll email you to get the directions, and confirm if David and I can make it.
WOW! Your page takes a really long time to load and for like 20 seconds all I could see was "guess what" and I thought you were going to say you were pregnant! HA HAA! I LOVE this idea and I am so excited that it's at your house and I am so coming!!
Karli,
I would love to come and learn from you. I too have been feeling the pressure about getting prepared, I need all the help I can get! Email me directions please. (Visit my blog, profile page and then my email is there.)
I emailed you already, but I would love to get this info. We'll be out of town, so let me know what I need to do to get it. Thanks
Karli,
I saw your blog through Mark & Jae, and I would really like to come to your preparedness presentaion. Will you email me the info, so I can come?
We are also in Mesa. My email is amyvcpalmer@yahoo.com
Thanks! (I am married to Mark's Brother, Brad. I'm not sure if you remember me.)
Thank you, Amy Palmer
What a cool idea! So to answer your question, I got my blog page from Lelou blogs. The link is on my page under cool sites (I think). Let me know how the chocolate lava cake testing goes!
I want info on how to order the freezer food with the deal you have going.
Karli!
I will so be there... along with a group of people from my ward if you don't mind. There is a big group of us that are food storage psycho's. You should let me know about any good deals you hear about.
I would LOVE any info you could pass along and info on how to order the Mountain House food. I go in spurts with doing food storage and need a little nudge right now. THANKS!
way to go, good for you
I'm planning on coming, it sounds great! Thanks for sharing the info. :)
Hey karli. I just tagged you, so check out our blog for the rules. Sorry I couldn't make it the party, I was out of town. Take care.
HOW FUN!!! I wish I could go!!!! You are amazing girl and do everything!!! I need to get more prepared!!!! I would love info!! :)
Post a Comment