Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Happy Birthday G!

So today G turns 2. I knew this day was coming but it seemed to sneak up on me so quickly! I've officially got a "toddler" now. Jared and I went into his room this morning singing "Happy Birthday" and he thought that was pretty great - although he still wasn't sure what it all meant. When we put candles in his pancake at breakfast and sang to him again he started to get the idea. He had success in blowing out his two candles after several attempts involving quite a bit of spit. In fact he may have just spittled out the flame on the candle :) We practiced again and again and again after breakfast with a leftover pancake. All day he kept asking for "Happy" and then he'd blow... he wanted to practice some more. I told him he'd have to wait until Daddy got home. Tonight we stuck candles in his roll and sang to him again. He loved it all.

Photobucket

Thanks to all the Grandparents for giving him a special birthday phone call. He LOVED talking on the phone to everyone and was happy to tell them how old he is. We practiced a lot... "G, how old are you?" "TWO!" What a little smarty :) He biggest interests in life are cars and ducks (really birds of any kind but he REALLY likes ducks).

Anyway, we sure love you G and really are so lucky to have you in our family!

6 comments:

Britney and Kevin said...

Happy Birthday G!!!! We can't wait to see you guys! It's been a while! We hope G had a good day!

Rissa said...

Hey I've seen a plate like that before. That is cute that he wanted to practice.

Tressa said...

Happy Birthday Garrett! We'll miss you guys at Thanksgiving!

Amber said...

Happy Birthday G!! He is the cutest little man!

Lorie said...

Happy Birthday G!! I cannot believe he is two! I miss his little chick fuzz!

Mindy said...

Happy Birthday G! I can hardly believe that he is so grown up either!