Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Labor and Delivery...

What would it be like this time? Easy? Painful? Drawn out? Well, lucky for me it was painless. The welcoming of the newest member of our family began with an innocent glance at the Free section on Craigslist (by now you know I can't stay away from that). Lo and behold... it was a swingset! It had been listed for hours and I knew I couldn't possibly be the first to respond, but I sent an email anyway mentioning our two little boys that would LOVE it. A couple days later he responded with "We've received hundreds of responses and your one of the few we've chosen to consider. Please tell us why your needs are greater than anyone else's." Well, I'm positive that my needs aren't greater than most so I responded saying that although our needs are not great our appreciation would be. Since our boys are just 1 and 2 and there are hopefully many more to come, this swingset would get several years of love and fun. Another week went be with no response from him. I had a thought that perhaps I should send a family picture - I know ath I always want to send things to a good home with good people. So I sent one of the pictures that Mindy took 6 months ago. The next day he emailed back and said we could have it if we picked it up by the weekend. HOORAY! THANK YOU MINDY! Who knows what would've happened if I hadn't such an amazing family photo? What do you think you could get for FREE with your family picture?

When Jared got the swingset home we realized that it wouldn't fit through our side gate without being completely dismantled - too much work and time. So Jared, Tom, and Derek muscled it over the brick wall. We also had to take down the chainlink fence (which needed fixed anyway, so it was a good excuse). Then to get it in its rightful place we decided we needed to bust out one of the brick planters - thanks Gregg for helping! They were also able to assemble the whole thing Saturday too! Suffice it to say that G and B both LOVE playing on it. B loves to go down the slide but is often content to just sit at the end. G loves the fort, slide, swings, and all. He could play out there all day.

Photobucket


Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

So, a big THANKS to craigslist, to that nice man who decided to give away this wonderful swingset, and to all those who helped move and assemble it! Labor and delivery was painless for me this time but still required a lot of hard work and pushing by others. In the end though it's all worth it!

4 comments:

Katie and Levi said...

whoa! I thought that you had another kid! In my mind i'm thinking holy cow she is fertile mertile! That playset looks like so much fun! I hope your 2 kids play on it and have the best time! No more scaring me like that. I don't have the heart for it anymore.

Tressa said...

Wow, you are the queen of Craigslist! I look on there occasionally, but haven't found anything that I just had to have at the price they have listed.
I keep seeing cribs that I kind of like, but want a different color. I am worried it would be a TON of work to change it. What do you think?

Andrea Gunnell said...

That looks like so much fun! I'm sure G and B love it. I can't believe you got it for free. That is just AWESOME! Yea, for good deals:)

Mindy said...

I am so happy that your family picture helped you get such a fab swingset!!! See? Family pictures really are a good investment! Speaking of photography...BJ is planning on coming home to AZ in the end of April to walk in his graduation (considering he didn't walk when he received his undergraduate degree)and I am going to offer a few photography sessions while we are in town. So, if you hear of anyone who wants to "invest" in family portraits...send them my way!