So I've been in kind of a "project mode" much to my husbands chagrin. Two weekends ago I decided to paint over the green stripes in the front room - I'd had enough of them. So my parents came up to help since I'd have a rough time of it by myself with the boys and Jared was hunting that weekend. We painted the ceiling white and the walls the dark tan that is found throughout our house already. My Grand Plan for that room was to put drywall mud on the bottom portion to de-texture it, paint the bottom portion the lighter tan, put chair railing along the seem, and put up trim boxes underneath the chair railing. Well, after we painted the walls and ceiling we still had another day together. So Dad got some drywall mud and went to work. He put a coat on, we sanded, he put another coat, and we sanded again. So far so good. I cleaned the walls and then painted the lighter tan over the drywall. When I took the painters tape off... that's when the trouble happened. My paint peeled right off! It didn't happen everywhere but where it did peel, it was BAD! I didn't know what to do to fix it. I spent an hour and a half peeling paint because I thought I was going to have to strip all four walls down, put primer on, and paint again. But that would take months to do. I really didn't know what to do. So that's the state my front room has been in for the past two weeks. Drop cloths and paint buckets on the floor, the piano is covered with blankets and plastic, a bright orange ladder lightens the room, and peeling paint on the walls.
BEFORE...
LOOKS GOOD...
and then... THE PEELING PAINT!
This weekend my in-laws are coming to help with our many projects. Hopefully we'll get the chair rail up and maybe even some trim... and my craigslist refinished mirror... and the shelf Jared made me that I stained dark brown... and the floral arrangement that I just made for $30. Pictures are to come :). Jared suggested that I not start any more until we've finished the ones that I've started. I guess you could say I'm project crazy!
5 comments:
Ugh! I hate peeling paint! I am so sorry. But, it looks like a pretty color, and I am sure it will be beautiful when it is finished!
Well..I thought it looked good until the bad pictures came. How did that happen. Those kind of things always seem to happen when we least expect it. GGRR! Well I hope now more catastrophes are awaiting you on this project.
How frustrating! That is why I try to avoid project altogether :)
How frustrating. It will look extra cute when it all done though because you will know that you worked so hard.
Ok, I just have to laugh. First of all, that comment left on your blog under Jared's name a few days ago was me, he must have been signed into his account and I didn't know it. Anyway, I was referring to that random post that ended up on my blog with just a title of B. I'm not quite sure how it made it there but you left a comment about it being profound.
Are you following my craziness? Too bad I'm not pregnant to blame all my air head moments on:)
Post a Comment