
G has an AMAZING sense of direction. He is the epitome of a "back seat driver" at just 2 years old. He knows exactly where he wants to go and generally how he needs to get there. For example, he knows every turn that needs made to get to Frys Marketplace - he loves the car carts they have. He also knows exactly how to get to my sister Holly's house. If we are on McKellips Rd and we pass Gilbert Rd he immediately starts complaining, telling us that we need to go "that" way (as he's pointing to the left). A long string of phrases such as "that way," "Grant," and "friend" come out as he tries to convince us to take him to Grant's house.
G, I hope you can always find your way in life with your strong sense of knowing where you are and where you need to go. Love you!

One of the things G says a lot lately is "That's funny" followed by a pity laugh "ha ha ha." Makes me laugh every time. G is way into cars, helicopters, ducks, trains, busses (although he says bus as "but" - that makes me laugh too). His favorite movie right now has changed from "Cars" to "Because of Winn-Dixie."

B is still my little lover boy - he just loves to cuddle and hug. With Daddy's routine of saying goodbye each morning B has associated giving kisses with saying goodbye. So whenever B gives me kisses he immediately says "bye bye" as he walks away and waves.

Both G and B really enjoy being startled - they think it's hilarious and keep on coming back for more. So I hide behind doors, walls, dressers, etc and then pop out just as they run by. I should get it on video because it's hilarious. Jared says this activity is going to come back to haunt me when they're older and they decide it's fun to startle me. I do have fun memories of doing that with my sisters and mom. One of my favorites was when it ended up being a chain reaction. I don't remember what link I was, but either I or one of my sisters was hiding around the corner from the half-bath in our Gilbert house getting ready to startle my Mom who was coming out shortly. The 3rd person snuck up behind the "startler" and startled her just before she had the chance to do it herself. Consequently her shocked reaction really put mom into cardiac arrest! I died laughing. SO funny!

We have discovered that G cannot get enough of radishes. We harvested them from our garden recently. The radishes are the ONLY thing he would eat for dinner that night. Of the dozen radishes we grew he ate at least 9 of them and was still begging for more. I'm hoping that the novelty of growing our own veggies and letting him pick them makes him excited to at least try and eat them.

Look Mom!

And because I can't get enough of this boy, here's Jared - my true love. He is a great dad to our sweet (and sometimes not so sweet) boys and a wonderful hubby to his sweet (and sometimes not so sweet) wife :)
3 comments:
Cute pictures!!! I love that Garrett ate so many radishes. I'm sure that was motivating to continue with your gardening. I hope something survives in ours. I want some home grown food! Oh, and I really want to see that movie, "Because Of Winn-Dixie." We'll have to borrow it sometime:)
Karli that is so cute. I love to read about families that have fun together and also about moms that love their children. It makes me want to be a better mom. You are awesome!
How cute is the whole radish thing!! I loved the whole post!!! These are my favorite kinds of posts about the loves of life!! And you are the best potographer!! I need some tips!! lol How do you get your photos to come up so big? I love it!!!!!!!!!
Post a Comment