I've been meaning to blog for some time now, it just hasn't happened. There are a few reasons I've been M.I.A. The first reason occurring last Wednesday. I had just sat down and typed the title for a new blog post "Ever had that feeling?" The feeling being referred to was just an overall gloomy, depressing, self-pitying sense of hopelessness... like no one cares and the world is out to get you. It was after I typed this simple title that my computer gave me a sign verifying my feelings - it was way worse than the blue screen of death. It was a notice of a Trojan Horse Deadly virus (Antivirus 360 to be exact). I couldn't get anywhere. Every site was blocked. My computer was infected. So, I just continued bawling my eyes out (before it was for no apparent reason... at least now I had a tangible cause to cry. A few days later an amazing rescue mission was successful thanks to our good friend Jared Gunnell (THANKS!). Unfortunately some of our information must have leaked through because then we discovered 6 fraudulent charges on our credit card that will now have to be investigated.
My other reasons for M.I.A. are far less depressing, but far more shocking. All I want to do lately is sew, can, and garden. I know it's crazy! Never in my life did I think I would ever say that, but it's true. We started a garden for our very first time and I'm happy to report that my radishes have sprouted. The other veggies we have planted are: zucchini, cherry tomatoes, big tomatoes, red bell pepper, green bell pepper, jalapeno pepper, carrots, lettuce, onions, chives/garlic, and sugar snap peas. Soon I'll be planting green beans, cucumbers, and marigolds (the marigolds are supposed to help with pest problems). It may sound corny, but I pray for my little garden every day because until now I've had a black thumb. Pictures to come... of the garden, not my black thumb.
Oh, and BTW, don't get too concerned over the depressing thoughts above. They were just precursors to the arrival of "my time." Gotta love it! I really am happy, hopeful, and excited about life and my new endeavors.
3 comments:
Glad to hear you're feeling better. There's nothing like seeing the fruits (or in this case vegetables) of your labors to make you feel all happy inside.
I love that you enjoy creating. Way to follow Pres. Uchdorf's advice. I'm glad it makes you so happy.(o:
It is fun to create things. :) I feel such a sense of accomplishment, way more than cleaning my house (cause it just is back to its messy state in a SHORT amount of time!). :)
I really need to finish up some projects though. Less than 3 weeks to get them done, and I have 3 fairly decently big projects to tackle. Oh, and that is in addition to 2 birthdays and 2 birthday parties for my girls. What am I thinking? Seriously?
Post a Comment