Monday, May 4, 2009

Children's Museum of Phoenix

Our local libraries are "giving" away cultural passes to local museums. The word is out and there is a mad-rush of people Wednesday morning at 10:00 am to lay their claim on the limited number of passes. I've only gone once to brave the crowds but got lucky enough to get passes to a place I actually wanted to go to. (They only have 5 passes per location per week and each pass is good for 4 admissions - so you can imagine the stompede that ensues)

Anyway, we invited Corri and her little guy Tanner to check out the museum with us. Can I just say it is AMAZING! Three stories high, this museum offers every sort of imaginative and fun-learning activities you can think of.


First Floor: Huge padded play area, balls, wooden ride-on cars, clear tubes/piping with air blowing through to blow scarf things (I'm sure you have NO idea what I'm talking about:).
Photobucket

Photobucket

Second Floor: Expansive area with dense swimming noodles hanging from a grid on the ceiling (lost Garrett here for at least 5 minutes), more ride-on bikes and cars with a pretend car-wash, arts/crafts center with daily craft, puppet show play area, book nook, snack area.

Do you like Garrett's caterpillars with a million antennas. Too funny!
Photobucket

Photobucket

The "Car Wash"
Photobucket

Photobucket


Third Floor: Grocery store (the first thing Garrett put in his basket was ice cream - ha!), restaurant kitchen complete with dining booths, firebrick pizza oven, etc, a room dedicated to all things balls that roll through various paths, and a toddlers/babies only room (a nice retreat from the throngs of school fieldtrip groups).

Photobucket

Photobucket


Photobucket

Photobucket

2 comments:

Julee said...

I LOVE THAT PLACE!! IT'S SUCH A GREAT PLACE FOR KIDS TO PRETEND & CREATE!!!! What a fun day!!! :)

Mindy said...

How fun! I never even knew about that museum. It looks like the boys had a blast!