I'm loving this stage Garrett is in. He cracks me up! It brings a smile to my face every time he asks in his adorable voice "Whatcha makin' Mommy?" He LOVES to help me with everything - laundry, preparing meals, scrubbing bathrooms, sweeping, setting the table, etc. I know it won't last forever so I'm really trying to enjoy it.
Another of his favorite phrases is "That's disgusting!" Hilarious! He says it about several things... messes, poopy diapers, some meals that I make :), anything with an abnormal texture, etc.
His imagination is really starting to take flight. Here are a few of my favorite "imaginings."
(1) We were unloading the dishwasher and it's Garrett's job to help with the silverware. He grabbed two butter knives, put one under his chin, and then used the other to stroke back and forth on the first as he says "I play my Geetar, Mommy." I said, "Oh that's a violin, not a guitar, but very creative. Here are some wooden spoons instead." After switching he says, "No violin, I play my Geetar."
(2) We have a child-sized blue folding camp chair that the boys were really "in to" for a while. Garrett imagined it was all sorts of things, but I remember most how he pretended it was a piano (or "planno" as Garrett refers to it as). He would bang and bang on that chair singing at the top of his lungs inserting words into his songs such as "mommy," "daddy," "Bennen (Brexton)," "Cable" (Caleb), "home," "ride in the car", etc. He would also pretend it was his own personal computer with the back of the chair as his screen.
Like I say, this guy cracks me up... and I love it all!
3 comments:
Oh how I just love the things they say! They always crack me up!! I wish this stage would last forever!! :) I love the camping chair creativity! lol
How funny. It is a fun age that he is at. So cute. Love that he used the chair as a computer. What a smart kid!
I am loving this stage too! They are so funny and I love watching their personalities grow! Such cute boys!
Thank you again for playing for me. It was nice to vacation but I am definitely glad to be home. I am bummed to be released from choir, but since I am going back to school it really wasn't going to work for me. And you need a good pianist! So anytime you need me to sub or whatever I am totally willing. You are a fabulous choir director and the music is gorgeous, I just wish I had more time to practice it.
Post a Comment