Monday, July 6, 2009

Happy 4th of July...

We celebrated in our own way this Independence Day - no parades, no fireworks, none of the ordinary things. Well I suppose we kind of had fireworks... fireworks of our own. We went to Thatcher for the weekend and my parents offered to watch the boys while Jared and I drove out behind Junky Jerry's to do some shooting. It'd been over 3 years since I had last been and I'd forgotten how fun it can be. Seriously, it was a BLAST! That was some of the best quality time Jared and I have had on a date - far better than dinner and a movie! We shot three pistols and his recently acquired 22-250. I surprised myself with how well I did and of course Jared did awesomely :)

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket


The weather was perfect with the temperatures in the 70's that morning. We were totally secluded with no one else in sight aside from the occasional drive-by cars. It was a perfect start to a perfect day. We all had naps that afternoon and then had a super tasty barbequed dinner. It was wonderful!

No comments: