Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Happy Valentine's Day

For our Valentine's date we doubled with our fabulously dependable friends Jared and Andrea. The guys took care of the plans and reservations. It took me by surprise when they informed me that it would be Japanese cuisine. I can now say that I've tried it and enjoyed everything that was served cooked. The raw sushi items that we ordered I was not a fan of. But just like I tell my kids, you'll never know unless you try. The soup looked deceptively tasteless but was really, really delicious - it pretty much looked like chicken broth with 5 or 6 green onion slices, but it was super flavorful and yum!

We finished our night off with 5 games of bowling each. I pleasantly struck a short "lucky streak," but a lucky one regardless. I bowled a 165 the first game which proved to be the high score for our group. (Let's not mention that I don't even think I broke 100 on the last game :)

Lastly we indulged in some (FREE) frozen yogurt from a new shop that just opened - "Yodippity." While it's not quite "Mesa Frozen Yogurt" it was still super tasty and we got to enjoy some serious toppings. Mmmm... I'm craving frozen yogurt now :)


For a little family fun we made sugar cookies. The boys loved frosting their own cookies and sneaking handfuls of the conversation hearts.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

7 comments:

Tressa said...

That soup is pretty good huh? Yeah, Eric and I don't get the whole sushi thing. It is pretty bland actually. But, the whole Japanese steakhouse thing where they cook right in front of you is pretty darn fun and yummy. :)

Amber said...

How fun to try something new. Those dates are always fun to me. Glad to hear from you. Your bed is supper cute!! We have a salvation army that has lots of doors. I'm going to take a look to see if there is one I could turn into a head board. That was such a good idea!! (0:

Tiffini said...

what a fun v-day! i loved making sugar cookies with my kiddos, too, as a special holiday treat.

never tried sushi...raw fish just does NOT sound like anything i'd ever consider yummy cuisine. coincidentally, though, i've always been pregnant when i've had the opportunity to try it anyway. figure i'm not missing much.

Andrea Gunnell said...

I love that last photo of Jared:) Thanks for the fun Valentine's day! Oh, and you already know this, but I am in LOVE with your headboard!!!

Mindy said...

HaHa. I love the UR HOT heart :)

Mark and Jaelynne said...

Karli-
Hey Jae and I made our blog private, so email us w/ the address you wanna use and we will add you guys... Hope all is well! Busy busy of course!
mep342@gmail.com

Amber said...

So I saw you had a birthday on fb. Okay so it was a week ago, but HAPPY LATE BIRTHDAY. How was it? Do feel splendid and have exciting things to try out with this new age, for only this one year?