
I'm pretty sure I've said this before but I really, really like the Tucson zoo. This visit was no disappointment. After we'd walked half of the zoo we decided it was time for a snack break. The four of us had only two chocolate covered chex bars (a rare treat... and yes, I admit I was terribly unprepared for a real snack break). Brexton wasn't a fan of the thought of sharing his bar and proceeded to have a meltdown. We were approached by a passing-by zoo worker who gave pity for little Brexton. She kindly asked if he'd like to go feed the giraffes. Sounded fun and after she mentioned it I did recall that they allow the public to pay $2 to feed the giraffes one biscuit. She had something else in mind though. The worked unlocked a padlocked gate that read "For Giraffes and Zoo Employees Only." We walked through the giraffes house where they sleep for the night and around to the back gate of their enclosure. She "called" the giraffes over by clunking a bucket full of biscuits.

That's where we got to take over and feed the giraffes to our hearts content. I don't know that the boys were ever brave enough to hand-feed a biscuit to them but that's okay - those foot long slimy tongues probably turn off a few toddlers. I LOVED it though!


Notice Garrett against the back wall in his green shirt - he was ready for some space from those tall giraffes!

Absoluetly no zoom-action going on here.

After all that fun we went to the neighboring park and fed the ducks some seriously hard bread. We literally jumped on the loaf (aka ROCK) of bread, finally resigning to throwing in a big hunk to soften and sog up in the water :)
1 comment:
The pic of the giraffes is the funniest thing I've seen!!
Your boys are getting so big! And you're preggers!!! How exciting!!! Watch out world...another heartbreaker is on the way!
Post a Comment